PDA

View Full Version : speedybenz suspension

zmatt
06-10-2011, 08:53 PM
I have seen bits of information around the forums regarding the user speedybenz, and apparently a suspension kit he makes for our cars. The information is lacking, I'm assuming that a lot of it has to do with the reboot of the site. Can someone just give this forum n00b a quick briefing on what hsi kit is, how much it is, and how good it is?

JRE320
06-11-2011, 08:45 AM
I think he 's not selling this anymore. I was lucky to get a set for my W210. It work's perfectly specially you have lowered car.

SD202
06-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Theres a DIY thread . As most companies have gone out of business. There is still MBarts they make a great camber arm for a wide range of vehicles. Costly but you get what you pay for. Me personally am running the Home-made camber arms without issue been from San Diego, Ca. to LA and back numerous times and to Las vegas and back

zmatt
06-11-2011, 10:26 AM
How about these, http://www.raceinspired.com/p-18740-hr-sport-cup-kit-mercedes-benz-c220-c230-1996-2000.aspx

They aren't adjustable, but this isn't for a track car.

JRE320
06-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Are you talking about the camber kit or H&R cup kit? Your 1st subject was the camber kit and you switch to H&R cup kit.

zmatt
06-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I thought speedybenz sold a full suspension kit including camber kit, control arms and coilovers.

JRE320
06-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Speedybenz sell the camber arms and his own suspension kit.

Denlasoul
06-11-2011, 08:08 PM
No true. He built a complete suspension kit for himself and c55mo.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?15422-I-haven-t-driven-my-car-in-1-2-year...-should-I-sell-any-takers

Click on the links in this signature.

JRE320
06-11-2011, 09:50 PM
No true. He built a complete suspension kit for himself and c55mo.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?15422-I-haven-t-driven-my-car-in-1-2-year...-should-I-sell-any-takers

Click on the links in this signature.

My bad. i was not aware that he built his own complete suspension kit and not using H&R or Eibach.

zmatt
06-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Well other than hella stance reasons [/sarcasm] do we need adjustable camber arms on our cars?

SD202
06-13-2011, 09:11 AM
^ even if you're not "hella stanced" and just lowered you will have negative camber wear affects.. needs are based on what you are trying to achieve really. Us "Hella Stanced" guys. prefer to run a tad negative i cant bring it all the way back to factory it will for one look retarded and wont look right with the fronts being so negative. But to offset negative camber wear and keep slight neg camber. You can have your toe brought as close to if not right at 0.00

zmatt
06-13-2011, 01:54 PM
so the H&R kit wont come with a camber kit to correct for the lowering? I see your point.

SD202
06-14-2011, 03:33 PM
nope it sure wont.

benzfan
06-14-2011, 08:20 PM
I lowered my C36 with H&R springs, and drove it for a bit before adding adjustable rear suspension. I had the thickest pads from MB to keep the front & rear camber from being too severe from the drop. What I found without adjustment was this: frightening high speed handling. Downright terrible, sudden oversteer at 125mph+. Do yourself a favor if you put on aftermarket springs, and get the suspension corrected and aligned properly. Truly neutral handling was a challenge to achieve, but a dream to drive compared to stock or unadjusted.

Denlasoul
06-14-2011, 09:53 PM
My bad. i was not aware that he built his own complete suspension kit and not using H&R or Eibach.

No worries. Not many people remember, know, or can afford it. ;)

zmatt
06-15-2011, 09:06 AM
ok, woudl the DIY camber arms also work for the front suspension, or would you need to do something else up there?

SLAMMED_C
06-15-2011, 08:37 PM
If I'm not mistaken i believe the Speedybenz coil over kit would run you between $5-6000.. an amazing kit.. but really pricey!
best bet is to get the KW variant 2 kit.. it has adjustable spring perches, springs and shocks. its an amazing kit, rides very nice.. should be good on the track. it will run you around $1600.

camber arms are great for adjusting rear camber for stancing your car, dialing in camber for road racing or just correcting your negative camber on a street car.
the front suspension already has adjustability for camber.. not enough adjustability if your slammed! as far as I know no one makes any control arms for the front that have excessive camber adjustment/correction.

zmatt
06-16-2011, 01:00 PM
If I'm not mistaken i believe the Speedybenz coil over kit would run you between $5-6000.. an amazing kit.. but really pricey!
best bet is to get the KW variant 2 kit.. it has adjustable spring perches, springs and shocks. its an amazing kit, rides very nice.. should be good on the track. it will run you around $1600.

camber arms are great for adjusting rear camber for stancing your car, dialing in camber for road racing or just correcting your negative camber on a street car.
the front suspension already has adjustability for camber.. not enough adjustability if your slammed! as far as I know no one makes any control arms for the front that have excessive camber adjustment/correction.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not into slamming cars, I like to make them objectively better ie: faster, ride better, handles better, more sophisticated. slamming is for some, but not for me, especially given the roads we have here.

how much tuning do the coilovers need out of the box? I know you just cant toss on coil overs and handle better. obviously you have to set it up, but is it way off by default or pretty close?

SLAMMED_C
06-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'm not into slamming cars, I like to make them objectively better ie: faster, ride better, handles better, more sophisticated. slamming is for some, but not for me, especially given the roads we have here.

how much tuning do the coilovers need out of the box? I know you just cant toss on coil overs and handle better. obviously you have to set it up, but is it way off by default or pretty close?

there isn't much tuning you can do with the KW coil over kit.. the only real adjustments you have are tweaks to the ride height via the adjustable spring perches and the dampening on the shocks. so its a matter of how you want the car to sit and then driving it to see how you want the dampening. pretty basic coil over set up.

c55m8o
06-30-2011, 09:08 PM
I have seen bits of information around the forums regarding the user speedybenz, and apparently a suspension kit he makes for our cars. The information is lacking, I'm assuming that a lot of it has to do with the reboot of the site. Can someone just give this forum n00b a quick briefing on what hsi kit is, how much it is, and how good it is? I like this topic... ;) All truth to be had throughout it too.
If you click the link in my sig, I link to all the notable threads on this board regarding the 'full' speedybenz suspension et al.

I doubt he can re-coup the cost to produce even at the $5.5K - $6K price, along with other reasons. Speaking from experience, I assure you also he didn't have any idea how bad the roads can be in the LI-NYC-NJ area. It's something I was worried about when I flew out to Cali to take a test drive w/him. The original lower spring perches didn't survive beyond a few years; the ultra incredibly strong bolts the weight of the car sat-on still broke. I have hardly driven the car since he re-engineered it and made an upper adjustable spring perch, but I have high hopes it's been ironed out and will last me for however much longer I own the car.

In reply to "Well other than hella stance reasons [/sarcasm] do we need adjustable camber arms on our cars? ". Absolutely you do the lower you go; but really not if you don't lower that car much. What's awesome with the kit Jeff made for me is he made me another set of adjustable links that allows adjustment of toe. I soon learned that turns out to have the most remarkable effect on making the car tight or loose.