PDA

View Full Version : What does your C280 '98+ engine sound like?

Dr. ///AMG
10-10-2003, 11:41 AM
So my sister's '99 C280 sounds like it's whining a bit. Always had since she got it back in April or so. Is it normal on the 280's or is something wrong? Under hard accelerations, you can hear it the most.

thanks.

Rocky
10-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Check that tensioner thingie for the belt. It's know to wear out prematurely. As well..run the AC on once a week to prevent it from seizing doc.

Dr. ///AMG
10-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Tensioner thingy?

edit: Belt tensioner?

willpower
10-20-2003, 04:08 AM
Mike, why don't you drive up to Vancouver and I'll let you listen to my engine... :D:silly: oh yeah... Jackson misses you! bwahhahaha

*ahem* anyways, no. My car doesn't have any whining noise, at least not that I've noticed. I mean, there might be a noise that I'm just so accustomed to hearing already. :confused:

Dr. ///AMG
10-20-2003, 11:22 AM
Well it seems all normal I guess..

Where the hell have you two been?!

willpower
10-21-2003, 12:51 AM
Last I heard, Jackson got a contract with Kelly Chen's (famous HK singer/actress) management agency and went to Shanghai to do some publicity stuff or record an album or something... not sure if he's going to bother finishing up at UBC first or go after his dream of being a superstar...

I've been rotting at home, studying for my realtor's license and working in property management still... I just bought a 1997 Honda Odyssey for my sisters so that's my new project car... I'm going for a JDM VIP-style minivan with chrome Lowenhart LD1 replicas... we'll see how it goes.

...et vous?

Dr. ///AMG
10-21-2003, 12:58 AM
OH shit, Jackson finally is doing it! LOL That's awesome! :D

Me, well I keep going to school, my sister too, selling donuts on the side to pay for the cars and mods :)

My sister gotta finish modding the outside by adding the rieger kit. She picked up Luwin's Remus exhaust already. ICE wise she's good for now. Maybe we'll get more bass later on, but her car rattles a lot inside at the rear deck. She also needs to take better care of her car, it's always a freaking mess in it.

As for me, I gotta do some serious ICE and get some engine mods going :)

willpower
10-21-2003, 06:15 PM
hahaha... it's funny, cuz my little sisters are going to the same modelling school that Jackson went to, and all I hear there is stuff about him.

yo my sister is the same with her car... always McD's wrappers everywhere, ketchup packets, loose papers... and I thought girls were supposed to be tidy. :rolleyes:

One thing about the Rieger kit on her car is that becuz it's 97+ she'll either have to modify the rear bumper (like Luwin did) or pick up a used 94-96 bumper and mount the Rieger backpiece onto that.

Juss wondering, is she pounding punk music in her car? :D

So what have u done with your ride so far? Looks dope... especially love the wheels and kit... is it a Brabus kit?

Hank
10-24-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by willpower
is it a Brabus kit?

LOL... much like his dad's Armani suit, his mom's LV purse, and her sister's Prada handbag....

it's replica. :p

willpower
10-24-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Hank
LOL... much like his dad's Armani suit, his mom's LV purse, and her sister's Prada handbag....

ROFLMAO!!!! :D :D :D

Dr. ///AMG
10-24-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Hank

Made in China mang!

I got fake front and rear add on brabus lips, but real carlsson sides