PDA

View Full Version : Weird electric window problem

W202 MAN
07-19-2011, 03:41 AM
Hi am new to the form so i hope i've posted this in the right place :). I've looked through alot of the previous posts and couldn't find anything alike. Ok I have a 1998 C200 in amazing condition but the electric windows have a strange problem, both front windows and the passenger rear window work fine but the drivers side rear window is where i have the problem it seems to want to work from the door switch to the point if seeing the window move a bit, but if a try to use the main console switch this is were it starts to get weird, Up is down and down is up on the switch and it still only moves it a bit.

Also when you hold the unlock button on you key fob at the door to open all the windows they all go down except for the drivers rear, and when you hold the lock button they all go up and the rear driver window goes down lol. Its driver me nuts i have OCD and i cant figure out what part is wrong :confused:. I know the window works of the key fob action but of the switchs is were the problem seems to be.

HELP!!!

zmatt
07-19-2011, 12:03 PM
unhook your battery for a minute or two and then hook it up. That should reset the window system. They will act funny for a bit, but unless its a mechanical issue that should make it work right.

horgantrevor
07-19-2011, 01:26 PM
ok

if you in disconnect the battery for ten min

then reconnect

then sit in car hold down both front drivers till fully down and once down keep holding for 5 seconds you may hear a slight click then hold both front window buttons down and close windows and hold for five seconds

do the same for rear windows

this is how to reset them

now the rear window drivers side remove panel or kick plate and check connectors for bad connecters for loose or bad connector also in the A pillar their is a connector also i would remove rear door car also and check connectors

this vid will help ITS NEAR THE END OF CLIP FOR REAR DOOR

i hope this helps keep us posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIZIu1umsBs

W202 MAN
07-19-2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks guys i will give this a try at the weekend will let you know the results, i did notice something else yesterday i can get the window to work fine with both switches if i dont use the full down click however the switch at the front is still the wrong was down? is it possible to reset the windows the wrong way round??

horgantrevor
07-20-2011, 12:14 AM
no you cant i hope it works for you the reset

W202 MAN
07-20-2011, 12:31 AM
ok is it possible that the swtich on the console is the wrong way round? or can they only be installed 1 way i've seen pics with the fascia removed but its hard to tell, they look like they have 3 prongs on either end of the switch? am just confused on how only 1 window managed to start operating the wrong way on 1 switch

horgantrevor
07-20-2011, 02:49 AM
you have a 1998 facelift the switch cant be put in wrong

horgantrevor
07-20-2011, 10:40 AM
did any one spill any thing on switches they may need to be dried out or replaced

W202 MAN
07-21-2011, 12:28 AM
i dont think anyone has ever spilt anything on it, its very clean but then again its 14 years old so i guess al never know. My assumption is there's something wired wrong possibly on the door section, i suspect that maybe its had a glass replacement on the rear door and maybe the a connector was reconnected wrongly other then that the switch has to be knackered lol.

W202 MAN
08-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Well i finally got round to resetting the windows and the problem is still there, however i have had a new disovery since then, my rear car speakers decided to rip "cheap crapy paper speakers they put on these cars are so wrong" so i removed the inner door trim to replace the speakers and found out that the door has already being opened up before probably for a new glass so am wondering what to look when looking for wiring faults??

Nelson Lago
08-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Am I the only one who's using their brains here. The wires are crossed some where most likely at the window motor!

KC5YSL
08-25-2011, 08:28 PM
I had this problem. Turns out that there was a "connection issue" somewhere in the rear right window motor computer. I isolated the problem by disconnecting one of the rear window motors at a time and waited to see if the problem reappeared. I then disassembled the motor controller that was giving me problems and resoldered all of the major components. Reassembled and haven't seen the problem since (2-3 years). If you're not comfortable soldering and find you have the same problem, you can buy a new window motor unit for ~$500-800.

Cheers,
Tony

W202 MAN
09-27-2011, 02:41 AM
Ok i finally got chance to take the door panel of and have a proper look, checked all the wiring and it looks ok my question is it doesnt look possible to get the wiring wrong as the plug is one way and i still cant figure out why the switch on the door itself works the right way round and the console switch is the wrong way round, my worry is if i buy a new motor and it does the same thing and its not the motor but a wiriing issue

horgantrevor
09-27-2011, 01:00 PM
make sure some one has not spliced the loom for the window wrong say the door was replaced in a accident and the loom was cut and put back to normal the wrong way round best i can come up with if i had it for a few min i bet i would sort it asap but im in ireland

W202 MAN
09-29-2011, 03:50 AM
Has anyone got a wiring diahgram of the rear window motor connection so i can check that coloured cables are in the correct position on the connector its the only thing i can think that could be wrong. Or if someone knows the colours of the wires coming from the centre console swicth so i can try reversing the connection. thanks

strictlyspeakin
09-29-2011, 01:47 PM
1. Brown/Blue
2. Grey/Blue
3. Brown
4. Brown (CAN L)
7. Brown/Green
8. Red/Black
9.Brown/Red (CAN H)

1,2,7 come from the rear switch
4,9 from CAN
3, 8 ground, fuse