PDA

View Full Version : You have reached your destination

nokia8860
02-01-2003, 11:24 PM
Just need a CD change and a new center console and my comand install should be complete.

I'ved used it to get back from my parents place and to our favorite sushi joint. Over all its pretty funny that when you are driving and a MB dealership is near by a mercedes star symbol is placed on the map. Talk about making a point eh.

Surf Blau
02-02-2003, 03:20 AM
You forgot the important part; PICTURES!!!! :D :D

SLK Boy
02-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Hehe..I can't wait for mine! Pimp Steve should be done with my navi today... :) Man, I wish Steve was here all the time..hehe..

nokia8860
02-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ExSLKBoy
Hehe..I can't wait for mine! Pimp Steve should be done with my navi today... :) Man, I wish Steve was here all the time..hehe..

tisk tisk jimmy. more fun when you cut your own hands :)

Luwin1026
02-03-2003, 09:40 AM
Congrats, man! :D

Now you better come down to SoCal and use that puppy here! :D

nokia8860
02-03-2003, 10:28 AM
10:30AM At the local dealer (wont name names but its local up the SR eight hundred eighty North <- Comand talk)

Me: Yes I would like to see how much is the fiber optic cable that runs fron the audio10 headunit to the CD changer in the trunk for a 99-00 W202

Dealer: One sec (runs to the back for a spell and comes back) Sorry if your car does not come with the CD changer prewired Mercedes does not sell.

Me: I understand. I am aware that you sell it combined with the power, wakeup and ground connections as well. I would like to purchase it.

Dealer: Thats a whole wiring harness you know.

Me: Yes. So how much?

Dealer: (Who just pulled the number outta his ass) 1200 dollars

Me: No I just need the harness that goes to the changer.

Dealer: Yes you will have to buy the entire wire harness with alot of other harness. Its very expensive. Might I suggest you go to ***** (He names some stereo place) they do quality work and will beable to install something for you.

Me: Oh they sell the fiber optic cable there?

Dealer: No but they can build you a custom system.

Me: I just want the fiber optic cable. Last time I checked the EPC it was retailed for 75 dollars.

Dealer: Sorry, I've been told by my supervisor that you can not buy it. It has to be in your car at the time of production. Mercedes doesnt sell it.

Me: So why did I find it in the EPC? Would you check your EPC. (Me points to his PC)

Dealer: I wouldnt know where to look.

Me: Type 202 at the prompt. Select the 00 model year. Go under Electrical and find the radio harness. It should be a 208 partnumber.

Dealer: Searches.... sorry I cant find it.

Me: Youre in the wrong sections. (I point out the correct screen)

Dealer: Turns the monitor to me.

Me: #36

Dealer: Found the number. 85 dollars

Me: Ok now what I need you to do is contact Mercedes or whoever is your parts supplier and comfirm that it is indeed the fiber optic cable. Now I know you said 85 but I do know dealer net is around 40 and retail is 65. But I need you to call this in then verify it is the part I need. If it is the cable then order it and I will come back Saturday to pick it up.

Dealer: Will do.

Me thinking: If only I could order parts myself I wouldnt have to deal with these types of ppl. Dont just tell me 1200 dollars like you know it off your head. Sheeezzzeee.. Fiber optic cable is like 33 so I figure with the MB connector at the end etc... 50 is about right. And the 65 for retail price is ok but 85 youre smoking crack.

Dealers.... :rolleyes:

Brabus
02-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Haha... You should start a new thread called "Joey and his parts advisor adventures" hahah

nokia8860
02-03-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Brabus
Haha... You should start a new thread called "Joey and his parts advisor adventures" hahah

Dont get me started on what another dealer told me about comand.

Luwin1026
02-03-2003, 10:46 AM
I'd tell his boss that he's been trying to shift some business for that other stereo shop :D

dwang
02-03-2003, 12:55 PM
I just installed the fiber optic cable in my ML (OK, it was more like Steve). I love fiber optic... 3 wires for everything....

Dave

sanf
02-04-2003, 04:21 PM
hwo about this one"

me: I would like to purchase a set of #1 spring pads.

dealer: you will have to get the entire spring set in order for you to get the pads.

dealers... HAHAHAHHA

maxboxa
02-05-2003, 07:49 AM
i really feel sorry for the common joe going in to buy something and walking out with $1200 worth of crap he doesn't need. i guess that how it is in life. if you are ignorant, your gonna get had.:(

nokia8860
02-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by maxboxa
i really feel sorry for the common joe going in to buy something and walking out with $1200 worth of crap he doesn't need. i guess that how it is in life. if you are ignorant, your gonna get had.:(

I just got off the phone with someone that actually respect the enthusiast!!! Tom from Caliber. 800-252-6877 Gave him the info I needed and bam. He ordered it 39 and change for shipping.

Now the real kicker is when I get it and will it be what I want :p

MBenzNL
02-09-2003, 11:01 PM
Mark got me 4 W210 2DIN indash plastic pieces from his dealership (too big and way too cheap to ship myself) and he was told that he couldn't retrofit comand into a W210 and thus he would have no use for those parts...he kind of answered by taking the partdude outside and hed him sit in his car :) d'oh...what do they know?!?!?!

I just finised a pre modelupdated W210 here in LA...CANBUS comand, fiber CDchanger, updated W210 AMG cluster, updated steering wheel with multifunctional airbag...JOEY, THAT is what your next mod should be as well!

greetingz,