PDA

View Full Version : HELPPPPP!!! Tranny leaking bad

fastmayte
10-10-2003, 05:47 PM
ok so driving my 95 C220 (73k miles) and all of a sudden , i see smoke behind my car really bad. so i pull over and see tranny fluid leaking and dripping on to the exhaust. ok so i o to the mechanic shop, he changes the fluid and filter, now it's pouring.

ok he's saying the fluid is comming from the computer (or the electronic device) on the left side of teh tranny. the tranny shifts fine althought after hte oil change, the shifter is very stiff. the fluid was very clean, oil pan was clean and filter was clean. ok what do i do? di i have to take down the tranny to take out that electronic device or can it be taken out with out removing the tranny?

is there's anyone in hte houston area that can help?

thankx
Manesh

nokia8860
10-10-2003, 07:19 PM
this happend on my 201. turned out i just overfilled the sucker. drained a bit and now its fine.

but you said yours was leaking so maybe not as easy as a fix as my problem. by what you described you may have to replace a seal of sorts.

fastmayte
10-11-2003, 04:48 AM
oh really? i checked my fluid earlier. i t was kinda low. like at te end tip of the dipstick. but abouyt 2 days ago i had this mechanic top it off. may have started from there. i just spent 100 on the oil chage today. and they r saying 400 to take out the trany to ceck for probs. :( just wondering if there's a way to get to the electronic device without removing the tranny ? then it'sll prolly be another 100. this sux...

fastmayte
10-11-2003, 06:09 PM
anyone know what kinda oil i should use? micron 3 or 5? i used 3 earlier. thinkin that maybe it's just not the right oil.