PDA

View Full Version : 3.5mm jack to radio

Teus
07-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi,
I would like to connect an MP3 player to my radio system.
Buying a new radio with AUX plugin is not only expensive, but also very ugly with this oldschool interior. Is there any way to do this?

here's a photo of my radio/interior:
http://satsuki.nl/teus/photos/auto/w202/teus__DSC1277.jpg

Yujin
07-31-2011, 03:14 PM
None that I can find, and I did try to do the same thing. I ended up replacing the unit with an aftermarket - the sound quality/difference is amazing, granted you have new speakers. I understand the same thing about a new headunit sticking out of place, so what I recommend is finding an aftermarket where you can adjust the color appearence to AMBER and have the AUx/ipod/USB thing.

wichipong
07-31-2011, 04:11 PM
contact bekkerautosound.com and see what options they have for your unit model... if im not mistaken, they can either install an external audio jack for you as an accessory or pretty much offer you an upgrade with the options you want.

that's the first front loading cd player of that kind that ive seen... usually is the cassette version... hmmm... so the cd changer for that one is front loading too i guess?!?

Yujin
07-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Thats the Audio 10 CD changer from the euro cars. I was considering getting one, but decided not to cuase I found the secret loading bay behind the LCD screen (ingenious design!) and just bought those tape players with the audio jack.

I should check out that site as well, I didnt know they did things like that.

hvmercy
07-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Can you share your discovery?
Thanks.

Thats the Audio 10 CD changer from the euro cars. I was considering getting one, but decided not to cuase I found the secret loading bay behind the LCD screen (ingenious design!) and just bought those tape players with the audio jack.

I should check out that site as well, I didnt know they did things like that.

Yujin
07-31-2011, 05:44 PM
I emailed him the place today, only upset is I already bought a 30$ monster cable GRRRRRRR. Ill let yall know.

MikeD
07-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Not even kidding here, Mercedes made a $300 module that attaches to the OEM radio that allows this. Why anybody would want it? The world will never know...

Logic
07-31-2011, 08:59 PM
being installer by trade the only thing you can add to keep the factory deck is made by isimple model number is77 even tho its modulated it allows you to do a aux port using the factory plug and also offers a ipod plug but you cant use both ....
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&xhr=t&q=is77&cp=4&biw=1440&bih=709&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tljp131217451884304&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1222903113654037005&sa=X&ei=zzE2TsTrM7PjsQKz8bWLCw&sqi=2&ved=0CB0Q8wIwAA#

Yujin
08-01-2011, 11:38 AM
So the guy from Becker got back to me, $100 + S/H for the unit. Here is the link he sent me.

http://beckerautosound.com/3302-1999/aux_input_3302.html

I'll stick with my free aftermarket radio, lol, sometimes, you just cant win. Plus, compared to OEM HU, the sound quality is much more better with an aftermarket.

Teus
08-01-2011, 02:17 PM
thanks everyone for the replies!

None that I can find, and I did try to do the same thing. I ended up replacing the unit with an aftermarket - the sound quality/difference is amazing, granted you have new speakers. I understand the same thing about a new headunit sticking out of place, so what I recommend is finding an aftermarket where you can adjust the color appearence to AMBER and have the AUx/ipod/USB thing.
yeah I'm thinking now about an aftermarket radio and maybe better speakers.
what speakers did you place?

Yujin
08-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Be mindful that you will need to find speakers with a 1.5 depth I believe... most speajers don't have that depth.. lol. I replaced all and put a kicker sub in. I used pioneer speakers. And my friend gave me a free HU. Check best buy.

SLAMMED_C
08-01-2011, 08:30 PM
you need something like this.. http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-FM-MOD02-Universal-Modulator-Satellite/dp/B001QBG614

it is an FM modulated transmitter that connects through your radio antenna connection at the back of the radio.. there is no interference, just need a power supply to it. then you mount it where ever you like.. tune the radio to the station, connect your ipod or mp3 player and listen to your tunes on your stock deck.

Teus
08-02-2011, 04:57 AM
I do have an FM transmitter, but still prefer a cabled solution :)

zmatt
08-03-2011, 09:52 AM
If you had the 5CD HU with the trick tape deck then you could use a tape adapter like I run. The only trick was it wouldn't want to shut and place nice. I have to shove a wad of paper down the hole to the switch so it thought it was shut.

Yujin
08-03-2011, 03:16 PM
If you had the 5CD HU with the trick tape deck then you could use a tape adapter like I run. The only trick was it wouldn't want to shut and place nice. I have to shove a wad of paper down the hole to the switch so it thought it was shut.

Thats what I ended up doing. Took me 6 months to figure out that the tape player was in the back of the LCD... Damn germans and their engineering! I was stick of nasty cabled everwhere, Tape player AUX to my phone, and my GPS hooked up to the ciggerette lighter for a charge, bah! to many damn wires. What me and a friend ended up doing was drilling a hole in the cubby i guess? under the radio where the cassette tape holders would be, and running a monster cable through the back of the HU. Pretty fancy if you ask me, but now theres a hole in the cubby :(

Teus
08-04-2011, 06:15 AM
what radio model do I have?
I dont see any model number on it. the option list says "512 RADIO MB SPECIAL WITH TRAFFIC NEWS DECODER (VK), WITH RDS"

Teus
08-04-2011, 07:16 AM
I just found out you can connect an Ipod instead of a CD changer to your radio.
now I'm checking for a MB radio that supports a CD changer

eundaddy
08-29-2011, 11:39 AM
here's a photo of my radio/interior:
http://satsuki.nl/teus/photos/auto/w202/teus__DSC1277.jpg

I have to know the part number to that radio. Could you lift it for me? Where are you located? I have never seen that model before.