PDA

View Full Version : New Stereo System Advice

anf6789
08-08-2011, 11:47 AM
OK.... so i've been having this crackling noise coming out of my Bose systems left front speaker. After some pain in the ass diagnostics, I have come to the conclusion that its the bose amplifier.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A BOSE AMP LAYING AROUND?

Heres my questions.. Replace the bose amp with an oem one?
Redo my system?

I already have a alpine head unit, which sounds great.

What do some of you guys have as far as aftermaket systems (amps, speakers, ect) and is it worth it.

P.S i recently installed some kicker components and coaxes in my brothers isuzu trooper, and they sound great. along with a polk sub and kicker amp. pioneer head unit. So i know there are some benefits....

Thank!!

anf6789
08-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Also, Does anyone know how to bypass the bose amp? All of the input and output wires come in and out of the bose amp though one connection in the trunk. If I take the amp out, no sound, since the connections are gone, but if i leave it in, i get that horrible crackling noise...

How do the non bose W202's have the sound system set up??

ANYONE HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM?????

EDIT (FOUND WIRING DIAGRAM)::: for those who need it.. though there are some diagrams that wont load anymore, anyone have those??

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?14074-Speakers-Ohms-amplifiers-ITT!!!!-Please-help-me!&highlight=bose

1 Circuit 30, F4-16
2 Ground (W6)
3 Right rear speaker (H4/8) (-)
4 Left rear speaker (H4/7) (-)
5 Right rear door speaker (H4/4) (-)
6 Left rear door speaker (H4/3) (-)
7 Right front door speaker group (H4/2) (-)
8 Left front door speaker group (H411) (-)
9 Right NF signal (+) from A213
10 Circuit 30, F4-16
11 Ground (W6)
12 Right rear speaker (H4/8) (+)
13 Left rear speaker (H4/7) (+)
14 Right rear door speaker (H4/4) (-)
15 Left rear door speaker (H4/3) (+)
16 Right front door speaker group (H4/2) (+)
17 Left front door speaker group (H4/1) (+)
18 Left NF signal (-) from A2/3
19 Control voltage from A2/3
20 Fader switch (R26) (-)
21 Fader switch (R26) (+)
22 Fader switch (R26)
23 -
24 Right NF signal (-) from A2/3
25 Center fill tweeter speaker (H4/11) (-)
26 Center fill tweeter speaker (H4/11) (+)
27 Left NF signal (+) from A2/3

benzonline
08-09-2011, 01:21 PM
If you search around you can have the amp rebuilt for many dollars cheaper than fitting an aftermarket system and would be good for another 17 years IF you like the sound of the Bose setup. When working its top notch for what can be fitted in the factory placements.

anf6789
08-09-2011, 01:35 PM
I always liked the bose, was always looking for a little more bass. But, I also always wanted to upgrade, and for the price, i think it may be worth it.
Alpine makes a power pack for thier head units, which bumps the power to 45Wx4 rms for $129. then I was looking into some Boston Acoustics 6.5 components up front, and either 3.5 or 6.5 coaxs in the doors or rear deck, or maybe both. and of course some sort of subwoofer.

It would be easier to just replace the bose amp.

Also.. marko are u running a pac oem2 with your upgraded HU? I was but not sure if I needed it.

SpEeDy230
08-09-2011, 03:47 PM
i have a bose amp.. let me know because its for sale..

benzonline
08-10-2011, 09:31 PM
I always liked the bose, was always looking for a little more bass. But, I also always wanted to upgrade, and for the price, i think it may be worth it.
Alpine makes a power pack for thier head units, which bumps the power to 45Wx4 rms for $129. then I was looking into some Boston Acoustics 6.5 components up front, and either 3.5 or 6.5 coaxs in the doors or rear deck, or maybe both. and of course some sort of subwoofer.

It would be easier to just replace the bose amp.

Also.. marko are u running a pac oem2 with your upgraded HU? I was but not sure if I needed it.

Im running nothing. OEM Head unit/Bose.

anf6789
08-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Is there an easy way to bypass the amplifier? or is it mostly rewiring in the trunk? I'm ordering my new speakers (Boston Acoustics components up front, co-axs in the rear deck.) this week. Any info would be appreciated.

I have searched, most of the links are bad now, on a couple of the audio threads. lame

anf6789
08-28-2011, 01:26 PM
All is figured out.

New system includes:
Boston Acoustics S60 6 3/4 components up front
Boston Acoustics S65 6 3/4 coaxials in rear deck
Boston Acoustics G112-4 12" subwoofer in a sealed box
MB Quart 4 channel amp powering the front components and subwoofer. 50wRMS to front 200wRMS to sub

Rears are run off alpine headunit (debating on also putting some 5 1/4 coax BA's in the rear doors powered of the HU)

Still need to install amp and sub, will post pictures and tutorial when I'm finished
sounds amazing so far!! Thanks for all the help guys.

Aaron