PDA

View Full Version : Koni Or Billstein Shocks

J.Nimbs
10-05-2011, 04:34 PM
I Bought Some Eibach Springs For My Car, But They're Off An Eclipse GSX Spyder

They Fit Perfect ,Ive Been Riding With Them For 4 Months Now

They're Really Soft Which Makes My Car Really Bouncy

I Was Thinking I Should Get Some Koni Or Billstein Sport Shocks To Replace The KYB's In The Front Which Are Slowly Starting To Go

In The Back I Have Billstein H5 Shocks Which Are Amazing

zmatt
10-06-2011, 11:29 AM
you really cant go wrong with either, although since you have bilsteins in the back i would put the same model bilsteins in the front as well so you dont get mis matched shocks and have weird handling issues. Depending on how koni and bilstein setup their shocks differently you could get some unwanted understeer or oversteer from mixing them.

J.Nimbs
10-22-2011, 07:20 AM
So After My Shock Blew On Me

I Changed Them... IDK Why I Was Being So Cheap..Shocks Are A Good Investment

I Will Choose Billsteins From Now On. The Ride Is So Much Better And Less Bouncy

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/jeanyboii/w202newshocks1.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/jeanyboii/w202newshocks2.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/jeanyboii/w202shock3.jpg

wichipong
10-22-2011, 11:50 AM
bilsteins FTW!!! are those the HD model?

babycarlsson
10-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Sure looks like HD's...

Regards,
D

mbsickness
10-22-2011, 01:04 PM
I had HD's in my car until I lowered it on H&R's. I had to move over to Bilstein sports since the HD's blew out in less than two weeks.

Sure looks like HD's...

Regards,
D

J.Nimbs
10-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Those Are Heavy Duty As Of Now I Love The Ride.. Ill Let You Guys Know If Anything Goes Wrong

shizzy
11-20-2012, 12:56 PM
I have konis and they ride like rails

Goldeni245
11-22-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't believe that the Bilstein HDs they sell in America are actually Heavy Duty anymore. They are actually Bilstein Touring shocks incorrectly labeled as HD by every American vendor. In Europe, the HD's are labeled as "Bilstein B6 Heavy Duty" and are yellow, not black. The black shocks are actually their "Bilstein B4 Touring" line. I checked the Bilstein North America catalogue and there are no traces of them selling "Heavy Duty" shocks for our W202's anymore, just "touring" and "sport", alot of vendors continue going on labeling the Touring shocks as HD in their store fronts. It's strange because they still sell real heavy duty shocks for the w208.

I realized this when I put the shocks on my car, though they were much firmer because my original sport package shocks were already at 150,000 miles, the new Bilstein's HD's (which are in fact tourings) that I bought were not comparable in stiffness to the sport shocks that originally came with the car when it was new.

wichipong
11-22-2012, 12:22 PM
bilstein sports all the way..

buzzk1ll
11-22-2012, 07:56 PM
I am working with a wrecker to get the suspension parts from a 98 c43. If not may go this route.

Shoshay
02-05-2013, 10:51 PM
i would put the same design BILISTENS in the top side as well so you don't get mis printed excitement and have strange managing problems. Based on how koni and bilstein installation their excitement in a different way you could get some undesirable under steer or over steer from combining them.. . . .

car rent surfers paradise (http://www.surfersrentacar.com.au/)

kowalski
02-06-2013, 12:51 PM
how many of you guys have Yellow Koni externally adjustable shocks?
what's your verdict on these?
I might get these Koni's next year to replace my factory AMG/Blisteins.

Having Vogtland springs installed by spring 2013 might fukk up my factory shocks on my C43?
Car only covered 100.000km in 14 years.

Bilstein B8 Sprint (for lowered suspension) seems not to be recommended by other AMG drivers in Europe?
Maybe Koni's is the only option for me?

hvmercy
02-06-2013, 01:07 PM
I had Koni adjustables back in 2003/2004 when I first modified my suspension. Even at its lowest setting I find it too stiff and makes my car ride like my S2000.
I don't track the car or even corner that hard. It wasn't practical, so I changed it to Bilstein Sports.
Plus they were expensive too.

how many of you guys have Yellow Koni externally adjustable shocks?
what's your verdict on these?
I might get these Koni's next year to replace my factory AMG/Blisteins.

Having Vogtland springs installed by spring 2013 might fukk up my factory shocks on my C43?
Car only covered 100.000km in 14 years.

Bilstein B8 Sprint (for lowered suspension) seems not to be recommended by other AMG drivers in Europe?
Maybe Koni's is the only option for me?

kowalski
02-06-2013, 11:26 PM
I had Koni adjustables back in 2003/2004 when I first modified my suspension. Even at its lowest setting I find it too stiff and makes my car ride like my S2000.
I don't track the car or even corner that hard. It wasn't practical, so I changed it to Bilstein Sports.
Plus they were expensive too.

Hey buddy.
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not going to track my car, only doing rapid street driving.
Are these Koni's any good for daily driving?
If these Koni's are stiff as a hard on on softest setting they might be very uncomfortable for daily use?
What do you think?

Is it a good or bad purchase getting Koni's?
Do these shox last long, are they known for good quality material?

Thanks

hvmercy
02-07-2013, 06:13 AM
In my opinion they are quite stiff on the lowest (softest) setting, Which for me is not practical.
I can't tell you of their longevity because I only had them on the car for 3 months. However I have read on
car magazine articles they are of good quality for the price you pay for. I can't recall how much I paid for
the whole set but they are quite expensive.

I have to add that back in 2003/04 my 202 was a family car that's why I mentioned it wasn't practical for me.

Doesn't the C43 have Bilstein HD on it from the factory? I thought it did.
Good luck making that decision.

kowalski
02-07-2013, 07:47 AM
In my opinion they are quite stiff on the lowest (softest) setting, Which for me is not practical.
I can't tell you of their longevity because I only had them on the car for 3 months. However I have read on
car magazine articles they are of good quality for the price you pay for. I can't recall how much I paid for
the whole set but they are quite expensive.

I have to add that back in 2003/04 my 202 was a family car that's why I mentioned it wasn't practical for me.

Doesn't the C43 have Bilstein HD on it from the factory? I thought it did.
Good luck making that decision.

yeah, i think billies are HD shox on c43 with special valving specifications for amg?

i think i will get 2 koni's for the price of 1 amg shock from stealership.
total price for aftermarket shox are cheaper over all
shox at dealer are crazy expensive!!