PDA

View Full Version : Sea foam....

Titojjj2
11-04-2011, 02:44 PM
hey has any one tried the sea foam thing in there car??

TurboIS_DJ
11-05-2011, 02:05 AM
I have done it to all the cars I have owned. I am a firm believer in it.

It doesn't always make a noticeable difference in the cars performance, but it is definitely doing something. The more it smokes, the more it is cleaning/burning out all the carbon it loosened up. I've done it to an almost new car and there was almost no smoke at all, and I've done it to a 300k mile car and it was the most ridiculous smoke cloud I've ever seen. I only use it through a vacuum line into the intake manifold, and occasionally in the gas tank, but I usually just put Techron in the tank for cleaning the injectors.

If you are going to use it in a vacuum source, I recommend changing the plugs after you do it if the plugs and engine have some miles on it.

I have used it once in the oil before, on a friends high mileage 2JZ, it had some serious lifter tick, and I think we put about half a can in the crank case and drove it for half an hour then changed the oil, it actually quieted it up for a few thousand miles, but the tick inevitably came back...

zmatt
11-05-2011, 10:07 AM
What sea foam are you talking about?

Titojjj2
11-05-2011, 03:12 PM
well i did it and its on youtube....search w202 seafoam...its 4 parts

Sulaco
03-30-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm very interested in using it in my C43. I've got a hysterical case of lifter tick in my engine. It's almost at 250k miles, so I'm not sure what to expect. Perhaps I could burn it through, as well.

Anyone have any doubts about using it in an AMG engine?

chimchongdlight
03-30-2012, 01:28 PM
What exactly does sea foam do again?

Kropf
03-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Not answering the recent questions, but I use "Sea Foam motor treatment for Gas and Diesel Engines" to "stabilize fuel for 2 years and control moisture" in my 1999 C280 Sport that I have for sale. Seems to do the job well for me.

There are many stated uses for it on the can and at their web site: http://www.seafoamsales.com/

cameron_1292
03-31-2012, 12:50 PM
i have used it in my gas tank and before i changed my oil. but i cant figure out how to detatch the vacuum hose to get it in there