PDA

View Full Version : performance chips... which one to get that will ACTUALLY make a diffrence??

c280power
11-21-2011, 08:48 PM
hey guys so ive been looking and searching for performance chips.. but there are so many and so many phony ones that dont do jack either! what brands are good to check out? any out there that are good and wont put a hole in my pocket at the same time?? help me out plz!!

And has someone checked out this chip.. or boughten it? the adjustable knob is what caught my eye!http://www.performancechipsdirect.com/Mercedes/C-Class/

zmatt
11-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Upsolute. They are a reputable company and their canned tune is pretty decent. They also do custom tunes if you have done some mods to the engine.

Mike51809
11-21-2011, 10:12 PM
I sent off my ecu and got a tune from speedtuningusa, they were able to do a custom tune and i can really feel the difference in power it made. Only 325 and overnight shipping for 20 bucks and they've been around since 95 in europe. The main man Oliver was very helpful and they actually always answered their phone unlike powerchips and alot less money.

c280power
11-22-2011, 12:25 PM
ok sounds good.. what is a ecu flash.. does that wipe everything?

Mike51809
11-22-2011, 06:03 PM
An ecu flash is just when they go into your ecu and change when your car shifts and advancing the timing and things like that. It doesn't wipe anything it's just changing things for more power, but i'm not sure if Speedtuningusa has a tune for the c280 or not, but you can check their website

Denlasoul
11-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Search the Threads regarding chips. We have discussed the pros and cons numerous times, and the information there is very valuable. I say this because many of the older Members who have actually tried and are dead serious about performance have great input on the topic.

I'd say search for chips, with my name and speedybenz's name. Good stuff there.