PDA

View Full Version : 1999 C43 AMG - Few small problems

Sulaco
11-22-2011, 03:27 PM
My first post in the repairs thread with my new w202. Exciting...

First things first: sometimes, my power seats don't budge. It happens randomly and happens to all at once. So, I'm sure it's a relay or fuse. Only the fuses all seem fine. I've also noticed it's more common in wet weather. Where exactly is the relay for this?

Flashing lights: randomly, after my alarm has been armed, I'll peek outside and notice the flashers are flashing and the interior lights are on. There's no alarm or sound and the doors are still locked. It does it randomly throughout the day. I can press the lock/unlock button on my keyless and it stops the flashing. Not sure what's going on. I THINK it's related to the fact that my horn sounds like a cartoon horn. Only the high-pitch horn appears to be working. Sounds like a 70's VW horn. Thoughts?

FM reception: Most of the time my FM reception is kinda shitty. I work in Nashville but live in an outlying city. On my way home from work, some stations go from 100% to static by the time I am home. Did not do this in my C280 or in my E320. Even my 1980 240d has better FM reception!

Thanks!

kowalski
11-22-2011, 11:26 PM
flashing lights must be a bad horn or something?
so does my car sometimes.
try my questions in the ELECTRONIC department and lemme know what you experianced.
do you only have the TOW-hook alarm?

power seats might be the relay or a bad soldering on curcuit board, you can disconnect the plate on doorcard and check behind.

zmatt
11-26-2011, 10:02 AM
If it happens when it's wet that leads me to think that wherever the relay is water is getting to it and shorting it out.