PDA

View Full Version : Backseat Light and Trunk Light

Ontru
12-08-2011, 05:24 PM
A few days ago I decide to go to autozone and replace all of the bulbs in my interior. The book light was burnt out and the rest would hiss each time I used them. After replacing all the bulbs, the backseat light won't work. The two and book light around the sunroof switch work fine. When I used my trunk that day, I noticed the trunk light had also stopped working. I know it's related because the trunk light and back seat light worked perfectly prior to replacing the bulbs. I trie putting in the old bulb to see if there was an issue with the new bulbs and the back seat light still didn't work. Also, I never tried to replace the trunk light, it just stopped working. I beleive it might be connected to the backseat light.

Anyone had an issue like this? Is the trunk light connected to he backseat light?

c280power
12-10-2011, 07:25 PM
are u using led bulbs?

Ontru
12-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Nope. They are the same bulbs as originally.

BabyBenzC200
12-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I had something similar happen when I had the roof lining of my car replaced last week. In addition to the rear light not working, the boot wont open with the interior lights on. I just sent it in to an electrician to have a look at it this morning. Will let you know as soon as I get feedback on it.

Ontru
12-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Same thing is happening with me! I took it in to my mechanic and he pressed the back light button behind the sunroof and told me it also controls the boot light. Every time the light stays on I just hit it an it goes off but I didn't have to do this before. Let me know! I don't want to have to pay to do something I can do on my own.

BabyBenzC200
12-13-2011, 09:09 PM
So it turns out the problem was with the window/boot switch control unit. I think the guys that did the lining for my roof damaged it. I managed to get a second hand one and install it. It cost me R750 (about USD100 more or less) but I'm sure I would have found one cheaper if I had looked around. Let me know how it goes. Good Luck!

strictlyspeakin
12-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Wow, I wouldn't have guessed. I looked thru the diagrams but it was tricky to decide where the failure point was. Sorry I couldn't offer any good suggestions. I would not have guessed that the control unit went bad. A trunk lid switch, the front dome light or a pinched wire were my guesses.