PDA

View Full Version : clarification of wheel info for a noob?

Thresher
12-27-2011, 03:48 AM
I have looked thru all the information regarding wheel fitment on club202, but for a noob like myself, it's pretty over-whelming! So much information to absorb with limited knowledge.

I have a 2000 C280, and I'm looking to get wheels once spring hits. I would prefer to NOT run huge rims and "thin" tire aspect ratios. I don't plan on lowering my car, or "roll" the fenders. Basically looking for a "plug and play" rim/tire combo.

I currently have 15 inch rims (stock). I am thinking about 16 or 17 inch rims, I asthetically prefer rims with a "lip" to them, as opposed to the flush faced style.

What should I be considering? Also, what size tires would work well on my car, with no rubbing issues?

Thank you all!

MikeD
12-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Any 17" AMG wheels will fit pretty nicely, some with spacers some without. Most of the older AMG wheels had small lips.

hvmercy
12-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Welcome.

In order to maintain the comfort and quiet aspect of your C280, you should consider the overall diameter of your wheels including tires. In addition, take serious note on the offset as well, due to tires rubbing into the side of your fenders.
Take a look at the member gallery for references. Most of the OG rides posted in there are considered classic with elegant tastes in mind. i'm not sure if Nokia's (Joey) ride is still posted; his ride started all of this.

I currently have 15 inch rims (stock). I am thinking about 16 or 17 inch rims, I asthetically prefer rims with a "lip" to them, as opposed to the flush faced style.

What should I be considering? Also, what size tires would work well on my car, with no rubbing issues?

Thank you all!

hvmercy
12-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Click here to see one of the OG rides. (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?305-The-Ultimate-W202)

ll1l2l1l2lll
01-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Click here to see one of the OG rides. (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?305-The-Ultimate-W202)

that one's clean