PDA

View Full Version : Getting new tires

hvmercy
01-20-2012, 08:28 AM
My Kumho Ecsta ASX all season lasted 35,000+ miles on negative camber. I say I got my money's worth on this
set. I'm getting a new set of Toyo T1R installed by Autoinnovations in Milpitas, CA.
I hope they would give me the same life in miles or at least somewhere close.
I read Toyo T1R are noisy compared to Michelins but I've yet to validate that. I recently installed PS2 on my E55 and
I find that noisy but acceptable. We shall see. BTW Michelin PS2 are OEM for E55.

Anyone have any good or bad experience with Toyo T1R?

Sulaco
01-20-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm not much help on Toyo, but boy do I sure appreciate Kumho. Best tires on earth for the money! So cheap yet soooo great.

hvmercy
01-20-2012, 09:43 AM
The price of Kumho tires have gone up since I bought my first set. Toyo and Sumitomo are now about the same price with Kumho.
As an aside, I read about how bad Nankang tires are. In addition I also didn't have a good experience with Yokohama AVID tires on my Odyssey.
Come summer time, I'll probably need to replace the tires on my 997. Ugh, the price you have to pay to play. :(

I'm not much help on Toyo, but boy do I sure appreciate Kumho. Best tires on earth for the money! So cheap yet soooo great.

walterk55
01-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Cooper CS 4 Touring tires are great! Who would have though that right here in the goood old USA they could make a great tire ?

walterk55
02-29-2012, 02:18 PM

I agree totally - Kumho's are great... have had them on a few cars, but then I discovered Cooper CS4's Even greater !!