PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Lid

MikeD
01-24-2012, 04:41 AM
My trunk lid works... but it's a bit beaten down and I'm liking the newer trunk lids from the +98 models as opposed to my lid from 96. I'm getting some custom body work done this weekend so I was thinking, why not?

Does anyone know about the compatibility between the two trunk lids? Can I just take the lock mechanisms out of the new one and put my current ones in to make it work?

chimchongdlight
01-24-2012, 10:02 AM
I didn't know they were different. U got pics showing the difference?

Sulaco
01-24-2012, 10:41 AM
I thought only the C43 had a slightly different trunk lid with a rolled lip type spoiler?

chimchongdlight
01-24-2012, 12:06 PM
I didn't know that either

97C28O
01-24-2012, 05:21 PM
98+ trunks are different from pre-97's

I assume it would work because the body style has not changed except for subtle changes such as the 'rolled-lips spoiler'(also the flat side where the license plate is displayed is different on the 98+), darkened taillights, bumpers, skirts.

zmatt
01-24-2012, 06:40 PM
My '99 has a rolled up "lip" spoiler. its very subtle but its there

MikeD
01-24-2012, 07:27 PM
The facelift has a groove in it that lines up with the bottom of the headlights. The molding above the licence plate seems larger, and the trunk lid has a subtle lip spoiler built in. There is also a subtle bend in the trunk lid at the level of the trunk moulding.

The pre-facelift trunk lid, on the other hand, is flat all around with a subtle bend by the molding over the license plate.

Overall, the newer trunk lids look a lot nicer. I'm just trying to figure out if the keyholes are the same size between facelift and pre-facelift so I could swap them.