PDA

View Full Version : lug bolt size chart???

Nine Four One
01-25-2012, 07:57 AM
hey i looked through all the info i could find and cant find what iam looking for. iam NOT sure what rims came on my car when i got it i know they are not stock. but iam wondering if the guy used the stock lug bolts. now my question is, is there a chart or something telling you what bolts you should use as per what rims your running?

the reason i ask is iam thinking i just may as well order the knockoff SLR "twisty" wheels offline and iam wondering how to tell what lug bolts to use or order....i mean order a set for X year an X model?... hope iam explaining this right..

also iam still reading into tire sizes and what not but ill dig up an old thread on that lol.

SD202
01-25-2012, 09:04 AM
convert to studs & lug nuts.. you wont regret it if you like to change wheels. Its about the same price as buying an entire set of new bolts for wheels. but to answer your question the stock bolts should be 12x1.5mm thread pitch with a shank length of 44mm and overall length including the head of the bolt is 61mm

hvmercy
01-25-2012, 09:09 AM
sorry for jacking.

SD202, did you convert? What does it take? DIY?

Nine Four One
01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
SD, so would I be able to use those bolts on newer wheels? Or need longer ones?

97C28O
01-25-2012, 05:26 PM
the bolts SD202 is talking about is a stud conversion (same set up like Hondas etc) the studs never need to be changed. The studs are screwed ino your hub and all you do is place new wheels on and lock it down with a lug nut.

Nine Four One
01-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah I went to the local rim shop asking about the set an dude was talking about 150 bucks. So if I can buy a set of new lug bolts id be happy iam just wondering what set to order? An how much of the threads need to poke through the wheel?

SD202
01-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Yeah I went to the local rim shop asking about the set an dude was talking about 150 bucks. So if I can buy a set of new lug bolts id be happy iam just wondering what set to order? An how much of the threads need to poke through the wheel? http://www.radusadirect.com/category/010_lug_bolts.ball_seat.m12x15/
Call RAD USA Direct. or click the above link to their ball seat 12x1.5 section normally if the new wheel has the same offset as the old wheel and is for merc the stock bolts should fit. If its an aftermarket wheel not for Merc or just any aftermarket 5x112 you may or may not need new bolts / shorter or longer ones. I know the CLS wheels i have on now. Prior to converting to studs required 14x1.5 cone seat 25mm shank length bolts from a newer merc my spare needed the stock bolts and I also owned a set of 17 in CLK AMG wheels from a W208 that needed extended bolts to shank the wheel and spacer and have enough to thread into the hub. got tired of buying new sets of bolts with every set of wheels.

nhmercracer
01-29-2012, 09:08 AM
I converted to studs, and I'll never go back to bolts. I used 80mm bullet nosed studs from Azevodo Motorsports. Azevodo is gone from the web. :(

I cleaned all the holes with a 12mm x 1.5 tap. The studs install with a drop of red loc-tite. I had to source the lugnuts elsewhere. I bought them from Apex Competition. M12 x 1.5 Honda style nuts. The only drawback is the studs I used have no anti-corrosion treatment. The good thing is the plastic covers which cover the top nuts of the front shocks fit the 17mm Honda nuts, and cover the exposed portion of the stud. Wait till you see the MB parts persons face when you order twenty of the things. O/o.

With my new wheels, I have to convert to M14 studs to use the proper 14mm radius nuts. I am sourcing the necessary tools at this time.

Nine Four One
01-29-2012, 01:39 PM
I converted to studs, and I'll never go back to bolts. I used 80mm bullet nosed studs from Azevodo Motorsports. Azevodo is gone from the web. :(

I cleaned all the holes with a 12mm x 1.5 tap. The studs install with a drop of red loc-tite. I had to source the lugnuts elsewhere. I bought them from Apex Competition. M12 x 1.5 Honda style nuts. The only drawback is the studs I used have no anti-corrosion treatment. The good thing is the plastic covers which cover the top nuts of the front shocks fit the 17mm Honda nuts, and cover the exposed portion of the stud. Wait till you see the MB parts persons face when you order twenty of the things. O/o.

With my new wheels, I have to convert to M14 studs to use the proper 14mm radius nuts. I am sourcing the necessary tools at this time.

Lol nice. I need to look into this then. Cause iam nervous about whats on my car now an what they will be like with the new wheels. Thanks for the info. Side note cool to see someone close to my area. Do you ever make it to any meets or shows?

nhmercracer
02-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately, I work weekends. Hopefully with the warmer weather, I'll be able to get out more often.

Nine Four One
02-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Cool cool id like to meet up with a fellow 202 owner. Everyone I hang out with is driving a honda still lol