PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes key into an Audi switch blade

chimchongdlight
01-25-2012, 10:59 AM
So way back when I bought my car it didn't come with the switch blade alarm module thingy. I guess the previous owner lost it or whatever. It only came with the key from it. So I remembered I still had my old Audi key from my A4 B5. So I just opened it up and swapped the keys. The actual button for the key to flip out didnt fit. But I just manually pull it out. And obviously the alarm and stuff doesn't work but Definately better than holding a little key and rish the chance of loosing it. I did this the second day I got the car. I just forgot to show it off til today
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/chimchongdlight/47ee3fa2.jpg

Sulaco
01-25-2012, 03:46 PM
I've noticed that many car manufacturers get their key FOB's made by the same company.

wichipong
01-25-2012, 06:37 PM
looks good!! i wonder if itll work on a set of range rover switchblades... hmmm....

chimchongdlight
01-25-2012, 07:09 PM
thanks man...yea if u got an extra set, might as well try..it was either that or use an extra VW switchblade key, but i already had the audi key and i had already towed it away to pick n pull so i just used what i had...i dont mind it not working properly...better than paying the dealership like what? 500 bucks and shit for a new key

ldawgtheg
06-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Nicely done. Good use of old parts haha