PDA

View Full Version : dyno tuning

zmatt
02-02-2012, 07:48 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/mbwhite/dyno.png

I went in today with my Galletto 1260 to tune the stock ecu to see what results we could get. The software listed the C230k under Bosch ME 2.0/2.1 and it connected fine and read the ecu....right up to 27%. We tried again, froze again. We told it it was an slk, it got a little farther and froze for a third time. After wasting about three hours we decided to cut our losses. We could have pulled the rom physically but that would be obnoxious and would involve pulling, tuning, pulling again tweaking etc etc. Not fun.

When I get my tax rebate in a few weeks I will be switching over to a Haltech sport 1000. I dont have to outline all the advantages to you guys this will bring. I'll have more info as it comes.

Dearlove
02-03-2012, 01:04 AM
so with the stock ecu do you just keep to power and immobiliser running?

zmatt
02-03-2012, 09:08 AM
it was in aux power mode, we had a battery charger hooked to the battery so it wouldn't drain itself.

Dearlove
02-03-2012, 06:17 PM
sorry i meant how do you plan on doing it with the haltech?

zmatt
02-03-2012, 10:50 PM
oh, yeah just power and the security system. It's pretty standard with most cars this side of OBDII. We will probably relocate the stock ecu to a new location out of the way and put the haltech where it was.