PDA

View Full Version : Headlight wobbles??

Nine Four One
02-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Ok so I went to put in my hid kit tonight an once I removed the plastic cover that covers the wires an bulbs etc.. I go to unplug my headlight bulb an notice the entire inside of my headlight shakes all around? Anyone else had that problem? I havent noticed the light patteren bouncing around at night over bumps or anything. I was going to pull the headlight assly out an maybe use some epoxy to make it solid an stand still...thoughts? I jsut would rather not spend the money on headlights now since in the past week ive dropped 1700 bucks in stereo,rims,tires,etc...also what the hell is that light next to my headlight? I thought it was the high beam . My knob has been broken I guess cause I could never pull it out but I used pliers to an holy shit it turns on haha. Now id like to maybe put a yellow bulb in there . Thanks for the help an ill be posting some pics maybe in a day or twp once I get the tires mounted..

MikeD
02-13-2012, 05:46 PM
The light that turns on by pulling the knob is a built in fog light that is underneath the high beam within the housing. It adds a decent amount of lighting to the road, but also makes it look like you have high beams on, without the glare of course. If you pull the knob out to the point the center orange light on the switch lights up, you have turned on the front fogs AND the rear running tail lights in the back illuminate brighter, assuming you don't have LEDs installed.

Nine Four One
02-14-2012, 03:18 AM
ahhhhhh, perfect. just what i was asking. yeah i was wonderin about the 'fogs' since i dont have lower lights at the bottom of the bumper but yeah this morning i used the pliers to pull the switch out a bit and it does add alot of light i like it. and i got it out to the orange light to come on this morning and didnt realize what it did lol. the car came with no info like owners manual so iam learning as i go. tried to find an online one but to no avail....

also i did notice that the light on the road again is steady but once that housing is off i can move it side to side....normal> also thanks mike i think of all my 30 post you have answered my question lol...good lookin out bro.