PDA

View Full Version : LCD going out

cameron_1292
02-14-2012, 07:52 AM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u420/cameron1292/IMAG0624.jpg

after installing HIDs this happens but not all the time. i cant figure out what causes it there is no rhyme or reason..i know its due to the HIDs because it never happened before that. sometimes ill turn my lights on and the screens will go out immediately sometimes ill be driving look down and realize there off. anyone have any ideas? im using 35w bulbs and ballast.

wichipong
02-14-2012, 09:38 AM
there's a thread that shows how to fix that... let me see if i find it...

hvmercy
02-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Check the ribbon cable that connects to the circuit board. It may be loose. I only saw this kind of issue on my E55 but not on a C-class. What model year is your W202?

cameron_1292
02-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Check the ribbon cable that connects to the circuit board. It may be loose. I only saw this kind of issue on my E55 but not on a C-class. What model year is your W202?

its a 97 c230. but i know its not the ribbon cable because it only started when i installed HIds. it happens when i turn the low beams on. then sometimes at random.

chimchongdlight
02-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Mine does this too. Havent gotten around to fix it. No idea why either. Thanks for bringing this up. I usually just turn the car off and restart it til it turns on. Like u said. It only happens once in awhile. Let's see why this happens!!

cameron_1292
02-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Mine does this too. Havent gotten around to fix it. No idea why either. Thanks for bringing this up. I usually just turn the car off and restart it til it turns on. Like u said. It only happens once in awhile. Let's see why this happens!!
yea i think it has to do with the battery. ive noticed that if i turn my lights on before i turn the car on or if i turn them on after a few minutes of the car being on its fine but if i turn the car on then within 30 seconds turn the lights on they ggo out

chimchongdlight
02-15-2012, 11:33 AM
yea i know what you mean...ive recently changed my battery to stock specs though...brand new...

hvmercy
02-15-2012, 11:47 AM
i have exactly the same model year C230 as yours. I have also upgraded my headlights to HID for over 2 years now and no problem like yours. All my cluster LCD and displays work just fine.
I'm clueless.

If it's at all possible, can you put your old lights back and go from there?

its a 97 c230. but i know its not the ribbon cable because it only started when i installed HIds. it happens when i turn the low beams on. then sometimes at random.

cameron_1292
02-15-2012, 02:31 PM
yea i know what you mean...ive recently changed my battery to stock specs though...brand new...

I rlly have no idea lol I mean it doesn't bother me as long as I wait w minute and then turn the lights on I just don't know why it happens the only thing I can think of is the power the ballast draws from the battery tricks the CPU into thinking there's a problem