PDA

View Full Version : Fuel smell and clicking noise coming from under the hood Please help identify

SD202
03-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Can anyone tell me what this part is and what it does it seems to have a fuel line coming in and out of it the car is not running. It flashes the red and green as if the DAS2 thinks its been stolen. I simply reset it and then it will start & runs as if its misfiring but with no CEL. There is a fuel smell and hissing noise coming from the circled part. I have replaced the multi function relays on the driver side behind the fuse box as well as the OVP relay. with no luck in fixing the problem of the car becoming immobilized. There is also a clicking noise it seems to be coming from the unknown circled part, it makes a clicking noise & then gets very hot i turn the car off it hisses and smells like fuel..Im puzzled...http://s2.i1.picplzthumbs.com/upload/img/24/d6/b1/24d6b1df80de5e1e187077b4f21514e2f941ce30_wmlg.jpg

hvmercy
03-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Enter your VIN on this site and peruse the fuel system diagram. I've used it several times to identify parts unknown to me.
Let us know what you come up with.

Click on this Russian Site (http://www.auto-parts.spb.ru/cat/cats/m.mycat?cat=mb&client=dr2000)

SD202
03-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Couldnt find the part i was looking for it in the fuel system diagrams it wasnt present .

Sulaco
03-13-2012, 07:12 PM
That's the duo valve. It controls hot water to the heater core. Not related to your issue. But tighten its hoses to eliminate hiss.

hvmercy
03-13-2012, 07:15 PM
I was gonna say, maybe it's not coming from that part you've encircled in red. Perhaps it may be somewhere close by.

SD202
03-14-2012, 07:42 AM
yes, yes. Possibly the vacuum block next to it? I know for sure that Duo valve is clicking away. Not sure why. Cant figure it out for the life of me, I just want her to start and stay running not die shortly after turning over. Ive changed the OVP, thermostat, spark plugs, coils, wires, Going to try the Cam sensor next also have new 02 sensor on the way but I dont think that would prevent it from running. As I had bad 02 sensors before about 90k miles ago. if that doesnt work then i think its about time to move on from this C280. NO CEL. very frustrating im ready to pull my hair out. Those red and green flashing lights in the rear view are taunting me now! HAHA maybe a bad wiring harness has fried my ECU ?