PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!

Mike51809
03-17-2012, 03:36 PM
I locked my keys in the trunk of my car today. We got the door open and of course the alarm went off and the trunk wouldn't open. We got the keys through the hole under the first aid kit. The car runs fine until I give it over half throttle it just revs and has almost no power... I reset the tranny but that didn't help. Is it a security thing or what?? Please help! Lol

Mike51809
03-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Nobody has any idea? I fixed it now..

hvmercy
03-18-2012, 12:47 PM
What year and model?
Did you disconnect the battery for a while like 30 mins perhaps?

Nobody has any idea? I fixed it now..

Mike51809
03-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Its a 99 kompressor but no that wasn't it, I had to open the trunk with the keys and it fixed it like new lol

hvmercy
03-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks. It's as simple as that eh?

Glad you're able to figure it out.

Its a 99 kompressor but no that wasn't it, I had to open the trunk with the keys and it fixed it like new lol

timmyj51
03-19-2012, 09:57 AM
How the hell did you lock the keys in the trunk! It's almost impossible to
lock yourself out of these MBs.

horgantrevor
03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
How the hell did you lock the keys in the trunk! It's almost impossible to
lock yourself out of these MBs.

very easy in a w202 if you use the boot (trunk)button on the three button key phob the car stays locked but the boot opens put keys into boot and close by accident it self locks the boot as the car circuit for doors was not broken that is how it is
programed and how some one can do it

hvmercy
03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
The same thing is true for W210 with the 3 button remote.

very easy in a w202 if you use the boot (trunk)button on the three button key phob the car stays locked but the boot opens put keys into boot and close by accident it self locks the boot as the car circuit for doors was not broken that is how it is
programed and how some one can do it

Nine Four One
03-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Since you fixed it iam going to hijack an not make a new thread for a dumb question lol...i have a 96 an i can push the button on the trunk itself an it will open an when its locked i cant which i understand but wtf is the switch by my shifter for? An whats with the red light being always on? I have no owners manual so i have zero idea how to operate anything lol...ac...trunk..etc..

nelius
03-19-2012, 02:58 PM
I was lucky enough that the previous owner bought a smart key along with a regular one. So now everyone thinks I drive a brand new benz when they see my key. Little do they know.. haha

nelius
03-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Since you fixed it iam going to hijack an not make a new thread for a dumb question lol...i have a 96 an i can push the button on the trunk itself an it will open an when its locked i cant which i understand but wtf is the switch by my shifter for? An whats with the red light being always on? I have no owners manual so i have zero idea how to operate anything lol...ac...trunk..etc..

well on my 99 the light is only on when the trunk is open. But it's happened before where the car is locked and the trunk opens.. weird

Mike51809
03-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Well that's exactly how it happened actually lol I was at home depot getting a nut for my new tails so I went to see if it would fit or not before I left cuz its 2 hours from my house but I forgot them in the trunk lol But it didn't fix it in the end it was just a coincidence :( its doing it sometimes when I start it and it threw a code saying fuel trim bank 1, idk what that means?

chimchongdlight
03-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Speaking of trunk locking problems. My trunk only locks if i use the key. Like when i lock my car with the key on the driver side. If i dont lock the trunk manually, turning the key clockwise, it doesnt lock. Even when the whole car is locked. Trunk will be open. So i have to always remember if i go into the trunk. I have to lock it

Is that normal?

timmyj51
03-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Speaking of trunk locking problems. My trunk only locks if i use the key. Like when i lock my car with the key on the driver side. If i dont lock the trunk manually, turning the key clockwise, it doesnt lock. Even when the whole car is locked. Trunk will be open. So i have to always remember if i go into the trunk. I have to lock it

Is that normal?

Yeah, that's how mine is. With the one-button remote that I have IMPOSSIBLE to lock yourself out. Either have to
have your remote with you outside your car or be inside your car to lock it.

Mike51809
03-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Thats exactly what happened too! I opened the trunk at home depot to see if a nut I got for my new tails was the right size (cuz I live 2 hours from home depot) so I set my keys down and completely forgot... But the power problem is still here :( It was only a coincidence, it threw a code saying fuel trim bank 1, sounds like it could be many different things? It only does it when it wants to lol

chimchongdlight
03-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Haha. Ok kool. What sucks is when i bought my car. I didnt have the remote. Just the actual key part. So what i did was pull apart my old audi key remote and put the key in there. Of course none of the buttons work. I cant even flip it out either. Gotta use my finger to pull it out
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/chimchongdlight/47ee3fa2.jpg
I posted about it awhile back too