PDA

View Full Version : Humming from my speakers

chimchongdlight
03-20-2012, 12:43 PM
So after I installed my I dash DVD deck. I noticed that it wouldn't let me play videos while driving. So I read somewhere I had to ground one if the wires. So I did so. I ran the wire to a bolt on the door. Works great now. Only problem now is there's a humming/buzzin/supercharger sound coming out of the speakers. And when I accelerate it gets higher. Is it bc I grounded the wire on a door bolt? Is there another grounding area closer to the deck of the car? Any insight would be great. The noise is kind of annoying

strictlyspeakin
03-21-2012, 08:33 AM
you've created a ground loop.

"Ground loop is a condition where an unintended connection to ground is made through an interfering electrical conductor. Generally ground loop connection exists when an electrical system is connected through more than one way to the electrical ground.

When two or more devices are connected to a common ground through different paths, a ground loop occurs. Currents flow through these multiple paths and develop voltages which can cause damage, noise or 50Hz/60Hz hum in audio or video equipment. To prevent ground loops, all signal grounds need to go to one common point and when two grounding points cannot be avoided, one side must isolate the signal and grounds from the other. "