PDA

View Full Version : H&R Supersport Lowering Springs

KingDEL23
03-23-2012, 09:39 AM
So my C230 is riding at stock height and it bothers me, so I found these on eBay, and I am wondering if they would fit. Here's the link, they drop the car 2" in the front and 1.9" in the back. Do you guys think that would be too much if I were to add 18" Monoblocks? What do you think?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-R-SUPERSPORT-LOWERING-SPRINGS-98-00-MERCEDES-W202-C43-/290606898198?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a9855c16&vxp=mtr

nelius
03-23-2012, 10:24 AM
you might rub because even though lowering springs are stiffer than stock, your car will still bounce a little. So you will prbly need to also get adjustable shocks to change the stiffness.
I'm not sure but I think there are spring pads that are thicker than our stock ones to raise your ride a bit. I say get the springs, and see how it is. It also depends on the tire profile

zmatt
03-23-2012, 11:00 AM
You don't want to just change the springs, that will wear the stock shocks out pretty quick. Get new shocks and springs at the same time.

KingDEL23
03-24-2012, 12:21 PM
you might rub because even though lowering springs are stiffer than stock, your car will still bounce a little. So you will prbly need to also get adjustable shocks to change the stiffness.
I'm not sure but I think there are spring pads that are thicker than our stock ones to raise your ride a bit. I say get the springs, and see how it is. It also depends on the tire profile

Nelius, what is your set-up cause that's the look I'm going for. Just a more aggressive stance cause stock height is unbelievably high lol. Maybe it'll be better if I go with 18 inch rims and just swap out the current spring pads to the #1 pads, cause it is my daily driver so I wouldn't want to compromise ride quality for looks.

8=Anonymous=8
03-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Doesn't a c43 have a heavier front?

KingDEL23
03-24-2012, 05:38 PM
I'd imagine that it does because of the V8 it carries up front

wichipong
03-24-2012, 05:43 PM
do eibachs with 1 coil cut, spring pads to #1 5mm then you should be good... what wheels were you running?

KingDEL23
03-26-2012, 05:19 PM
do eibachs with 1 coil cut, spring pads to #1 5mm then you should be good... what wheels were you running?

As of now, I'm running the stock 15 inch wheels, so with the 1 coil cut and spring pad to #1, that should give me a more aggressive stance? Is cutting the coil dangerous, should I take it to my independent mechanic to have him help me do this?

nelius
03-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Nelius, what is your set-up cause that's the look I'm going for. Just a more aggressive stance cause stock height is unbelievably high lol. Maybe it'll be better if I go with 18 inch rims and just swap out the current spring pads to the #1 pads, cause it is my daily driver so I wouldn't want to compromise ride quality for looks.

I'm on 17s with B&G springs cut 3/4s of a coil in the front with #1 pads all around. Even though the springs lowered 1.6 inches all around, the front arches on our 202s are bigger than the rear ones so it looks like the rear drops more.. so that's why i only cut the fronts. I'm also spaced out so i rub with 4+ people in the car or if i take U-turns too fast.