PDA

View Full Version : For anyone looking for OEM Xenon headlights

mbsickness
03-25-2012, 07:58 AM
First and foremost this is not my listing but I thought there might be a member interested in the set. It's not cheap but looks to be the real deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/W202-C36-C43-AMG-C230-C280-98-00-HID-XENON-HEADLIGHTS-LIGHTS-OEM-PAIR-LEFT-RIGHT-/230763689397?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ba9675b5#ht_569wt_1165

MikeD
03-25-2012, 09:28 PM
It seems like a pretty good deal considering it even includes the ballasts. Rare find, now if only I had the money. I hope someone here picks them up!

ldawgtheg
06-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Looks like a good deal and sits pretty stock. Good luck to whoever's selling them

deejaykay2345
06-13-2012, 07:07 PM
i'm trying to buy em but i'm worried about the ballasts. we've been going back and fourth with counteroffers

Goldeni245
06-13-2012, 08:14 PM
are you the one that emailed me about my ballasts for sale? I've been eying this item for a while too. I offered him $400 because the lenses look terrible and i would definitely have to buy new ones. that would coast $200. The ballasts should be fine since the pictures show the lights turning on.

deejaykay2345
06-14-2012, 08:34 PM
haha yes thats me. but yeah i offered 460 and he declined. my mechanic said he would pay no more than 400 for them. i'm debating if i want to offer more...

Goldeni245
06-14-2012, 11:08 PM
he counter offered $520 for me. That might be the magic #.

He is a bit of a prick though, he counter offered and then said that I talk too much, referring to me pointing out everything that was wrong with the lights. I said that the lights don't have the wipers AND don't have auto-leveling sensors, which are technically required for xenon lamps to be legal (this might be bullshit, not exactly sure) and about the lens' bad shape.

Try offering $520 and selling your original Halogen lamps after the install to recuperate costs. They're good for about $200 on ebay. I did have xenons on my car for a while, they look very good. I wanted to repurchase them and this is still by far the cheapest pair i've seen so far.

deejaykay2345
06-15-2012, 12:15 PM
haha yeah thats what he counter offered me. but yeah you're right with about the xenon lamps requiring the level sensor. i went to the mercedes dealership here in washington earlier today and asked about installing the oem xenons. any after market xenon kit is illegal unless you have the whole oem set up with the auto leveler and even then the dealership doesn't like to do it.

but the ebay guy pretty much said the same thing to me too. I told him that I'm the one taking a risk here and that they may work not but for how much longer? i also said the lenses are in terrible condition and the ballasts are rusting out.

is it hard to install the oem headlights? is it just a plug and play? i want to make sure before i invest too much

Goldeni245
06-15-2012, 10:01 PM
It is illegal, but no one cares really. I merely used that issue to get him to lower the price.

This is how the xenons look on my w202 when I had them. They were not outfitted with auto-leveling and the wipers were merely for decoration, but they still looked damn good from the drivers perspective and on the exterior. I bought them for $980 about 8 years ago.

http://static.userland.com/images/bluexpinoy/w202hid.jpg

They're simply plug and play. There's no need for the dealership to install them, you can do it yourself in about 2 hours. Good luck! This pair has been on ebay for a long time.

deejaykay2345
06-16-2012, 10:03 PM
thats pretty damn nice. i'm gonna bring up the illegal point too. I also think that the car didnt originally come with the OEM headlights cuz there's no headlight wiper