PDA

View Full Version : What kind of breaks?

cameron_1292
04-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Hey everyone breaks light been on for about a week so i only have a little longer so i figure ill change them when i get my new wheels on next week. So the question is what breaks do you recommend. i would like to go ceramic unless anyone has any objections.

ll1l2l1l2lll
04-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Take a break - Step on your brakes

hvmercy
04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
OEM brake pads works fine for me. While you're at it replace the rotors too. They're not that expensive and easy DIY.

Edit: just to clarify on rotors, unless you have an AMG model, rotors are not that expensive.

Hey everyone breaks light been on for about a week so i only have a little longer so i figure ill change them when i get my new wheels on next week. So the question is what breaks do you recommend. i would like to go ceramic unless anyone has any objections.

wichipong
04-24-2012, 02:05 PM
i hear akebono ceramics have reduced break dust... last time i did it i went OEM...

any difference from OEM???

cameron_1292
04-24-2012, 06:02 PM
OEM brake pads works fine for me. While you're at it replace the rotors too. They're not that expensive and easy DIY.

Edit: just to clarify on rotors, unless you have an AMG model, rotors are not that expensive.

oh yea i will probably replace them too. and oem does work fine for me im just trying to get the least break dust i can and i hear ceramic are good with dust. and with the new wheels im putting on i want them looking clean lol

cameron_1292
04-24-2012, 06:03 PM
i hear akebono ceramics have reduced break dust... last time i did it i went OEM...

any difference from OEM???

yea akebono is what i was looking at there 60 for 2. wich i guess isnt bad from what ive seen. they said they give off like 60% less break dust and there very quite