View Full Version : W202 - C180 AC Problem continued..

syncview
05-04-2012, 08:52 AM
So i've got all my wiring corrected up and most of the things are working now.

I found out that the PO has REMOVED the evaporator temperature sensor for a reason that only GOD knows.

Anyways, i've ordered the part (part#210 830 07 72) and I was testing in the time being - fixed a evap sensor out of a corolla the, compressor runs but doesn't trip making things ICY. anyways, I can't seem to make the vents work properly, they work on vacuum and also the heater isn't working (i have replaced the duo valve and installed new coolant pipes). When I turn the dials to the heater, shouldn't it turn the compressor off and start blowing in warm air? or am I getting it wrong?

syncview
05-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Anyone?

I have checked the vacuum switchover valve (y11/3) manually, it has four solenoids inside and all are working, when engine is running the vents and flaps actuated by the vacuum are working. but when I connect the valve and the CCU, the vacuum switchover valve doesn't seem to receive any input from the controller? is my CCU bad? :s

taz069
05-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Not the most savy person when it comes to the ac. Did have two older vehicles non mercedes, that the ac comp would not run. Turns out their is a high and low pressure switch on the ac system. Pressure to high comp will not run, pressure to low comp won't run. Turns out mine were in need of a charge. When was the last time the ac was charged? The ac system might have to be completly drained a vacuum pulled and refilled. The liquid(gas) in the ac system doesn't last forever. As i said not a ac man here. Hope this helps. Get it fixed before summer!!

strictlyspeakin
05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I don't think that the compressor will really shut off unless you switch to Economy mode. In Auto mode my understanding is that it's on dehumidifying.
I don't remember where the switchover valve you are referring to is. Inside the cabin or in the engine.

The duo valve will let the heated coolant into the core and begin the heating process. There is a quickie fix that you should try before you replace duo valve as sometimes it just gets stuck.

I'll try to root around and find it this evening. It might even be on the forum here.