PDA

View Full Version : Scanned tooled c280

taz069
05-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Sorry to start a new thread. Here we go in using the above scan tool(actron auto scanner plus model cp9180) it has created more complex question's. Being used on a 1996 c280. It did answer if I have any codes to be reset or fixed. All good on this no trouble codes. Maybe someone with knowledge of this tool can help or at least understand. In the entire data list: the first #'s with car off and the second set of 's with it running. As i said have no clue as to what these abreviations stand for. As I borrowed this from a friend with no instructions. With engine off will be the first set of #'s and the second will be running. Mil status off on both, Abslt tps% 2.7/2.3, engine speed 0/704, calc load% 36.8/27.4, maf flow 0.00/4.44-5.55(variance in idle rpm the higher #came from 604rpm), map kpa 100/65, coolant temp f 129/163, iat temp f 93/93, Ign advance 5.0/6.5, second air atmos, lt ftrm1 -6.3/-6.3, vehicle speed 0/0, fuel system open/closed. Maybe someone out their is a tuner that know's what these #'s and abrevations stand for. Cause I'm not used to technology much!!!! This merc is my professor and i got some catching up to do!!! Any thought's or com's are greatly welcome!!

strictlyspeakin
05-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Those numbers might be useful to troubleshoot issues like poor idle, particular sensor failure and such or maybe just to establish a baseline of when the car is running normally. Unless you've got a need I wouldn't concern yourself.
You'll find many of the definitions here
http://www.actron.com/media/categories/PIDS_FAQ21.pdf

MIL is short for Malfunction Indicator Lamp, also known as the Check Engine light or “Service Engine Soon”.
Absolute Throttle Position sensor (Absolute TPS deals with the throttle plate
manifold absolute pressure (MAP sensor) kpa is the measurement unit
intake air temperature (IAT sensor)
ignition advance IGN

nhmercracer
05-10-2012, 11:39 AM
If you have no CEL, there should be no problems. Your car is an early OBDII implementation. Unfortunately, there is no mode $06 data stream. Some scanners can provide long and short term fuel trims. If you are having driveability (runs poorly) issues, this may be some help.

I am using the Android "Torque" application with a ELM Bluetooth adapter I purchased from Amazon. Works very well. Reads powertrain codes, and clears them. There is some live data (not mode $06), like the fuel trims, temperatures, and MAF data. No O2 sensor voltages, though. That would be great.

Dearlove
05-10-2012, 08:20 PM
why is this in the performance section

taz069
05-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Reason? It was my hopes to get a understanding of a base guideline for the sensor codes on my c280. As nhmercracer said fuel trims,maf data,power train codes. When i do change the chip i can check the overall change. And performance gains if much or any. Hope this clears up a little. Or should i have posted in electronics?