PDA

View Full Version : C36 Crossover tube seal. Help need part Number or Name (pic inside)

cassard
05-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi guys, I'm notice I had that problem while I was taking off my stuff to check my plugs. People on Mbworld told me that I need to repair that ASAP. could you help me with that part number or name ?

thoses 2 seals on the engine..

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m588/cassardz/C36CrossoverTubeseals.jpg

thanks

SD202
05-07-2012, 05:23 PM
thats the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system. And those are supposed to be attatched to the crossover. It would appear they have broken off somehow ? You might have to replace the entire crossover tube and those larger 3.6 stamped ones are damn near impossible to find.

cassard
05-08-2012, 11:42 AM
oh crap, really ? cause I thought that if I can find gaskets I could find a way of sealing them back, because only the gasket is broken.

W202FTW
05-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Don't seal those PCV tubes, they are suppose to recirculate back into the throttle body. You might be able to get away with using an updated crossover intake pipe from any 96' or 97' C280, C36 and E320 ( or any M104 equipped Mercedes for that matter ).

Dearlove
05-08-2012, 10:49 PM
yeah mines done the same...

cassard
05-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Don't seal those PCV tubes, they are suppose to recirculate back into the throttle body. You might be able to get away with using an updated crossover intake pipe from any 96' or 97' C280, C36 and E320 ( or any M104 equipped Mercedes for that matter ).

maybe, but the thing is, thoses seals are connected to my head engine, so there is to holes in my engine if I take them of and if they were sealed with my crossover intake it's for a reason. If I seal them, there is still are coming to the throttle body and I think it might be the cause of my major problem. wich is, when I start my car at cold (like the first start of the day) the idle goes up to 1000 rpm for like 10 seconds, then drop down to 300 rpm and is "boking" like if it was looking for air or gaz, then stabilise itself at 800 rpm.

I was putting 91 octane gaz, now I'm putting 94 and the problem seems gone, so either to much air in the engine, either electronic problem. still weird... but I'm doing a compression test and ECU test tomorrow. I hope it's not the wiring harness.