PDA

View Full Version : Mobile 1 performance full synthetic??

Christopher
05-21-2012, 08:52 PM
ive been getting hooked up with expensive oil changes for $50 thatusually run around $120+ because the type of oil i use (full stynthetic mobile1 performance) which is about $14 a court and i use K&N oil filters and ive always thought it was
the best for my 202.. i ran across someone whos a benz enthusiast and he told me mobile 5000 10/40 regeular motor oil is best for the 96 m104's. he said the diesel sound that is coming from the valves in the engine sound like that due to the synthetic oil and it should no sound like that he said this engine needs the real stuff not the synthetic shit that the new plastic motor chrysler-benz ones run on.
he also recommended mercedes dealership coolant and distilled water.. or was it carbinated water?.. hmm anyways what do you guys say!
p.s. im about 30 miles away from needed an oil change

W202FTW
05-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I run 5W-30 ( due to New England weather ) with Bosch filters. These old M104s were built to run off synthetic but will in fact tolerate dino oil. Since Mercedes now calls motor oil meeting API SH/SJ specs - just about everything sold today will exceed those requirements anyways.

anf6789
05-24-2012, 09:12 PM
i run bulk oil from the ford dealership i work at, change it every 3k. no synthetic here. if the car never used synthetic, don't switch and vice versa.

chimchongdlight
05-24-2012, 09:48 PM
This is interesting

Im not sure what kind of oil the previous owner used. As soon as i got the car, i changed it with full synthetic. Is that ok?

MikeD
05-25-2012, 09:32 AM
This is interesting

Im not sure what kind of oil the previous owner used. As soon as i got the car, i changed it with full synthetic. Is that ok?

I'd assume so. Mercedes recommends Mobil 1 Full synthetic.

Christopher
05-25-2012, 09:37 AM
For newer ones they recommend that not for ours unless its a c43 maybe