PDA

View Full Version : Windows up

taz069
06-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Found this new function on my 96 c280 today. Have had a problem with the driver window going up. So the first thing i did was change the relay box out with one i found in a salvage yard. Atleast the window went down after the install of the new box. Still no up function. Now today went to lock the car with the windows down and sunroof open and waalaa. They all closed without a flaw. So here is my question for all here and some more vehical electrical savy than me. What are the colors of the wires that control the up function on the drivers window? I have completely disassembled the center consol and cleaned the circut board and all connections with rubbing alcohol and q-tips. And still no up from the switch itself, I have used a continuity meter(beeper) and when the switch is pressed it does beep. This is done on the board not on the wires. I can manually close the widow by pressing on the relay itself in the trunk. I truely need help with this!!! Any suggestions please!!!!

cameron_1292
06-16-2012, 06:18 PM
not sure how to help lol sorry but yea its a cool function. most can roll down too. with the car unlocked. hold the lock button for 5 seconds,make sure the red light is flashing then let go and immediately hold the button again. i think it can only be done wile pointed at the door transponder

taz069
06-17-2012, 04:15 AM
Sorry to say my lil 96 does not have the ir system.

cameron_1292
06-17-2012, 01:10 PM
So you just have the key? It should work with the key too . With it unlocked and windows down turn it to lock and hold it. Should go up. And same with windows down and car unlocked. Turn it to lock it, hold, then turn and unlock and hold. Mine does it with the ir and the key. Andit's only a year newer so it should work lol

taz069
06-17-2012, 03:29 PM
As I mentioned in my first paragraph. Found this new function. It really does not help when i'm rolling 70 down the interstate and want to roll the driver window up. If anyone knows the colors of the wires for the up function of the driver window would be greatly welcome. Thanks all

navaidrule
09-19-2012, 06:51 AM
I am aware this is a very late reply but post it in the interest of members searching for window problems.

The electric window switches have a two position up function and need to be reset in the event of a battery disconnect or any electrical failure.
You need to push the window switch to the first position, gently feel for this, and allow the windows to go fully up then depress the switch fully for about 5 seconds. This will reset the computer to fully close the windows with the actuating switch.

This can be a trap if you are not familiar with this function.

Joe