PDA

View Full Version : Electric Sun roof

ypkx
06-18-2012, 10:48 AM
bugger.

I pulled the trim off the sun roof to reline it with new fabric, we put the trim back in but for some reason now the sun roof will only go forward and backward but not up and down ? :( Meanwhile, I had broken the plastic rail on one of the sides where it holds the trim in place.

Has anyone got any information or knowledge on what is wrong? motor is working fine and whirls when i try to make it go up. Also, it twitches.. Any ideas :/

wichipong
06-18-2012, 05:25 PM
misaligned on the rails?

ypkx
06-19-2012, 10:10 PM
the actual rails? doesnt look like it. not too sure! I know that the trim isn't on the rails which holds the trim up with the sun roof, does that matter? it looked like a carrier to me.

taz069
06-26-2012, 08:54 AM
When you say broke a side rail, or just the trim retaining piece? If just the trim dig out the broke piece of the trim. If the side rail is actually broke the search function is your best friend. I found a video just cannot remember where for sunroof removal and slider removal, using the advanced search. Keep is posted. Not much help sorry.

taz069
06-26-2012, 08:58 AM
In thinking about it their is 6 nuts that hold the glass in on mine. It has to be opened upward and the rubber side skirts broke loose not removed. Once the glass comes out the slider was just slide forward to the front if the car and came right out where the glass was.