PDA

View Full Version : 1996 C280Engine cooling Fan sounds like air plane motor anoying!! please help

pepecrower
06-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi fellas I am new here, I recently purchase a 96 C280 with 116k miles, engine and transmission in good working order, My problem I am having is the engine fan is so loud, I can hear the fan blowing so hard like a airplane motor, this noise doesnt go away either when its cold or warm or been driving all day it still there. As i rev the engine or driving on road i hear the fan roar so loud then make a whinning noise, same when i am driving local waiting at the light when i take off fan screams in all gears. I replace fan clutch with new radiator and thermostat with no good result, Fan still so loud, I am 101% its the fan because when I replace the serpentine belt I started the engine without the belt and it was gone, but why is this happening??? Thanks in advance

taz069
06-26-2012, 06:26 AM
Take the fan and clutch off and restart the motor. Only one allen bolt holding it on and rest of the assembly is bolted up if i'm not mistaken. This will for sure let you know.