PDA

View Full Version : has anyone cleaned there EGR on there 202?

Christopher
07-19-2012, 10:12 PM
p0400 is showing up on the obd2
i think this is whats keeping it from running at 100% of its potential
price for the EGR ranges from $149-$250
im thinking of trying to clean it and check the sensor to see if it fixes the problem
any input on this subject would be of great importance

Yujin
07-20-2012, 04:18 AM
I cleaned all of my valves a few months ago, check engine light comes on and goes still :(. Not sure why, maybe a leak? Idk. In any case, I used carbon cleaner, the same stuff you use to clean your throttle with. I did that to all of my valves and check valves, seems to get the job done. Just my two cents.

hipnimahop
07-23-2012, 12:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzt7qa-5ahc
this might help you.

moebiusgold
08-06-2012, 11:19 AM
It is most likley the tube that goes from the EGR valve to the intake. It clogs right at the intake. You get a low EGR flow code. Clean with a long speedo wire.

W202FTW
08-06-2012, 02:33 PM
p0400 is showing up on the obd2
i think this is whats keeping it from running at 100% of its potential
price for the EGR ranges from $149-$250
im thinking of trying to clean it and check the sensor to see if it fixes the problem
any input on this subject would be of great importance

No need for a new EGR valve. I pulled mines off at 195k miles, flushed it with 2 cans of brake cleaner, stuck it back in, cleared the codes - never came back.

chimchongdlight
08-06-2012, 05:08 PM
No need for a new EGR valve. I pulled mines off at 195k miles, flushed it with 2 cans of brake cleaner, stuck it back in, cleared the codes - never came back.

U wouldnt happen to have a write up on how to pull it off would u?

The video is nice. But it doesnt show how he pulled it off

W202FTW
08-06-2012, 05:28 PM
U wouldnt happen to have a write up on how to pull it off would u?

The video is nice. But it doesnt show how he pulled it off

It's right on top of the exhaust manifold, just a few screws really. There is one screw UNDER the valve that is terribly difficult to access though.

jc1kz
08-07-2012, 05:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzt7qa-5ahc
this might help you.

I saw this and I must say it doesn't leave a comfortable feeling listening to him, he doesn't know what EGR means (exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) is a nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions reduction technique) or what it does (When vacuum is applied to the EGR valve diaphragm, it pulls the valve open allowing exhaust to pass from the exhaust manifold into the intake manifold.), he hesitates awhole lot, just does not instill confidence.... but I guess he got the EGR cleaned. just my two cents......