PDA

View Full Version : C220 not starting?????

Mercman12
07-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi Everybody. my c220 cut out last week while running on the drive??? it never spultterd it just stoped dead, so i tryed to start it again and i noticed there was no fuel pump buzz? so headed to the boot and checked the fuel pump relay fuse, all fine, then i traced the fuel pump wire and put 12v to the pump and it worked fine.... so then tested the relay and again it clicks over, every orther fuse is all intact and cannot think of anything else???? so really stuck!!!! and :mad:

hvmercy
07-24-2012, 02:43 PM
There's got to be a CEL. Scan the code and report back.

taz069
07-25-2012, 02:19 PM
What was your fuel lvl? Mine has almost twin tanks. Running a 96 c280 here. If you running in reserve then refill. If not I'd question the sensors between tanks.

hipnimahop
08-02-2012, 09:57 PM
does the car crank ?? (try to start ?) (how strong is the battery ?)
maybe your fuel pump is dead ?

Mercman12
08-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Battery is good and strong, engine is cranking fine, and when you take the cap off the relay an put the pins together the fuel pump comes on it makes a high pitched whine.
totally stuck with it? could anybody recommend a diagnostic scanner? as everybody says

Mercman12
08-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Battery is good and strong, engine is cranking fine, and when you take the cap off the relay an put the pins together the fuel pump comes on it makes a high pitched whine.
totally stuck with it? could anybody recommend a diagnostic scanner? as everybody says they only work on 1996 cars or 2001 onward??

hipnimahop
08-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Disconnect the fuel line from the feul pressure regulator or any were. Crank and look if there is feul comming out of the line . It is suppose to push fuel with pressure. If you dont get fuel, either the fuel pump is out or some object is blocking ur fuel line or fuel filter. Go under the car, chek under driver side, there should be 3 or 4 lines. 2 of them are bigger a little bit. Check for any damage, if you hit a speed bump . It will hit those and block the line. Keep me updated.