PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

B12
07-25-2012, 03:19 AM
1. Hi everyone. My car is a 1998 C180 Classic. It is built for Australia market and no extra options come with the car. My car key is not the mechanical one. Recently I couldn't use the interior knob and remote to open the boot lid. Today, I can't even open the boot lid with the mechanical keys - I inserted the key, twisted it and pressed the button, it still failed to open (no click sound and its relatively easy to press). When I pressed the remote and the knob in cockpit, i could hear the sound tho. I have no ideas about how to access to the boot lid from rear seat, since it has neither ski packages nor folded seats. The cushion is basically bolted on a metal plate. My bag is still inside and tonight I can't do any work because I can't take the bag out. Please help me guys.. Cheers!

2. Does it equip with either clutch fan or electric fan or both? I can't find the clutch fan on engine.

taz069
07-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Your car should have a mechanical key, at least to over ride the rest of the system. I'd say disconnect the battery but you have no access. Soo can you get into the car??

B12
07-25-2012, 03:27 PM
I can get into the car with both keys. but the mechanical one cant override the system

strictlyspeakin
07-27-2012, 08:19 AM
I've read there were some cars which do not have the clutch fan so you wouldn't be alone if it's missing.

Is the Trunk lock in the horizontal or vertical position? (Vertical is not locked) If it's in the vertical position can you lock and unlock the car from the trunk?

B12
07-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks guys. The mechanical part inside the lock was all gone so the mechanic drilled the whole lock and took it out by force. Now they replaced the lock and a small dent left underneath. They charged me $500 in total...x.x Thanks god at least the lock is now functioning properly. Otherwise I wont be able to access to the battery and spare tyre.

taz069
07-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Hate that it cost ya so much! But glad all is working!!!!!!