PDA

View Full Version : Passing with a SRI

chimchongdlight
07-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Does anyone know if my short ram intake will effect my smog test? My stock intake box and filter and hose is 2 hours up north at my parents house. I dont really want to go up there to pick it up if i dont have to. My uncle with an r32 has a cold air and he passes no problem

hvmercy
07-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Go to the same place where your uncle went to.
If the smog place you go to is really picky they'll immediately fail your car. It's called "visual" failure.
Therefore in order to save yourself making 2 trips to the smog center put in your OEM intake box.

Besides Sac town is not that far so save yourself some hassle.

chimchongdlight
07-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Yea sacs not that far, its just my schedule will not permit me to drive up there and back for it. My uncle just went to quality tune up for his smog. I might jus take the chance and do it without changing my sri. Is there anything else i should look at or clean up before i bring it in?

hvmercy
07-31-2012, 12:42 PM
As long as you're confident the smog shop will not ding you on that intake then you're good to go.
Final thing, make sure no "Check engine light" on your dash.

Yea sacs not that far, its just my schedule will not permit me to drive up there and back for it. My uncle just went to quality tune up for his smog. I might jus take the chance and do it without changing my sri. Is there anything else i should look at or clean up before i bring it in?

chimchongdlight
07-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Yea. I think ill be ok. And if i fail bc of the intake ill just go get it and then go retest

chimchongdlight
08-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Dammit. I went up to my parents and they cleaned out the garage and i couldnt find the stock intake. Hopefully ill pass. If not. Anyone in the bay area got one i can borrow?

chimchongdlight
08-22-2012, 05:25 PM
I passed!!

strictlyspeakin
08-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Stock box back on or no?

chimchongdlight
08-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Nope. Passed with a generic intake, and i even have electrical tape covering 2 holes, its towards the bottom of the pipe tho so you cant see it