PDA

View Full Version : tires wear problem (help)

hipnimahop
08-02-2012, 09:53 PM
The car seems to be eating its front tires only on its inner.
so the inside side of the tires are worn so badly that they were going to explode. the wear its on about 3 to 5 CM on the inner side.

(few month a go the front right side of the car felt down due to a jacking problem. the car landed on its tire. the tire was in the fender ready to be screwed and then the car felt on it. the car was holding it self from the fender. so the fender was on the tire. the car never touch the ground.) after that the car started pulling to the right.

my mechanic told me your tie rod needs to be changed last summer. because my left front wheel had a little very little play up and down. (Quebec has very very bad roads :( )
the car is bone stock. tires are from the factory I believe (100K :D), mags are from the factory. air pressure is regularly checked. no lowering has ever been done. I do turn corners a little hard but no circuit racing. only drag

tire size : 195/65/R15
C230 1998 100 kms

now I need help please , I have no idea what it could be ?

W202FTW
08-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Some "up and down" wheel play would be ball joints. Get two new front tires, ball joints and an alignment.

wichipong
08-03-2012, 06:29 AM
alignment for one will show you how off your tires are.. same thing happened to my car insides were done but the outside had lots of meat left...

taz069
08-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Do us and me a favor please!! Either jack up the passenger side and the driver side front end, please do only one at a time! If you grab the tire at the 12 and 6 o'clock (up and down)position does it have play in it? Does it move in and out? If not then try moving the tire back and forth in the 9 and 3 o'clock direction(left and right) any play? If the 12 and 3 position has play time for wheel bearings, balljoints, bushings. If 9 and 3 possible tie rod ends and some other steering items. Let us Know. Hope this helps. If the collapse of the coil spring has happened the replace it. Personally never heard of this but anything is possible. Or maybe a wore out shock. How many miles on this car?