PDA

View Full Version : Need help lowering suspension on 1999 C280 Sport

boisy24
08-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Hi Everyone,
I recently made the following upgrades to my W202 and would like your help on lowering suspension to complete the look.
-Headliner, moon-roof shade, towers, and back deck all redone (black)
-Painted visors (black)
-Brand new exterior paint
-Aftermarket headlights
-Clear corners
-S style grill
-2005 C55 AMG rims and tires

I want a look that "looks" stock such as a C55 AMG. So maybe a slight drop in the front, maybe just reducing coil pads?
I'm all ears....
Thanks,
Boisy

wichipong
08-29-2012, 09:13 PM
h&r sport springs paired up with bilstein sports!! highly recommended!

boisy24
08-30-2012, 04:35 AM
That's what I was thinking based on reading all the post in the forum. That being said, I have a few questions.
-do you have models # for the springs and shocks?
-approximate costs?
-good source for purchase?
-how many inch drop should I expect in the front and in the back?
-how does it effect ride quality?
-will it rub or bottom out on bumps or turns etc..?
Thanks for all your help,
Boisy

boisy24
08-30-2012, 04:39 AM
Also, I believe the "sport" has the upgraded suspension...more like the C43 ..correct? If so, the affects would be slightly different then the stock suspension on a regular C280..no? If so how?

MikeD
08-30-2012, 05:25 AM
There's a member on here selling his H&R super sport springs for $150. That's probably your best bet for price. The difference between sports and super sports is that super sports give you a bigger drop. I don't think you'll regret the little bit of extra low, but just keep in mind that with lowering comes the cost of installation or tools, camber arms (if you don't want increased tire wear), and a wheel alignment.

I'm running the normal Eibach Sport Springs and I haven't had problems with rubbing. The ride feels a bit more stiff with cornering and bumps but it still feels better than most cars I've ever been in. It definitely made the car look better and more fun to drive.