PDA

View Full Version : Spacers?

W202FTW
09-14-2012, 05:20 PM
I need spacers to run a set a 15" Monoblocks and oddly enough, one wheel doesn't clear the left front caliper ( despite spending an hour cleaning off caked up brake dust ). Having never done spacers before, can somebody point in what I should be looking for?

zmatt
09-14-2012, 06:14 PM
15" monoblocks? Do you mean 80's Hammer wheels?

http://amgmarket.com/amg/wp-content/uploads/ats_amg_penta_wheel_1984.jpg

Those are the only "monoblocks" that are that small I can think of.

hvmercy
09-14-2012, 07:06 PM
No, there is in fact 15" AMG monoblock wheels that came standard in C280 Sport edition.

15" monoblocks? Do you mean 80's Hammer wheels?

Those are the only "monoblocks" that are that small I can think of.

wichipong
09-14-2012, 07:57 PM
right thickness and make sure you get hubcentric ones.... and maybe extended lugs if you go thick... but why wouldnt one wheel clear the calipers if the other does? seems pretty strange to me...

W202FTW
09-14-2012, 11:07 PM
right thickness and make sure you get hubcentric ones.... and maybe extended lugs if you go thick... but why wouldnt one wheel clear the calipers if the other does? seems pretty strange to me...

Believe me, never had an issue like this at all. But, fact is fact and I don't want to tear down the caliper because it's working fine at the moment.

Anyways, suggestions for thickness? I can see the need for hubcentric ones and extended lug nuts - but what about thickness?