PDA

View Full Version : Dash light on and dont know why?

Jims202
09-29-2012, 03:50 PM
For some reason,last night on my way home the light on my dash that has the bulb with the exclamation point came on and I checked all of my lights and they are all working,could there be another reason it is on?:confused:

wichipong
09-29-2012, 10:42 PM
did you change any bulbs to HID or LED?

wichipong
09-29-2012, 10:43 PM
it can also be your high mount light aka third brake light. or your rear fog lights...

jc1kz
09-30-2012, 01:18 AM
For some reason,last night on my way home the light on my dash that has the bulb with the exclamation point came on and I checked all of my lights and they are all working,could there be another reason it is on?:confused:

Jim

My car did that every now and again...if all of your light bulbs are working, then you may have to remove each one and clean it w/wire pad or something similar, to clean the contact area until you get the right one....on mine it was the left rear brake light. I replaced it but it still failed every now and then until I clean them all...now no problems...dash light out.

Jims202
10-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Well found out that 2 of my bulbs in my tail lights were out,didn't really notice it when they were on cus it was the same one in each lol. But got it fixed and the light is out. Thanks for all of the help guys.

strictlyspeakin
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I've been living with that issue for a while now. I've changed every bulb I can find. I do have led tail lights but I had those before this problem crept up. I've even changed the relay

Jims202
10-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Well thought I fixed it but that damned light came back on.I'm going to check them all just like you said jc1kz

anf6789
10-01-2012, 06:14 PM
take all the bulbs in the taillights out...

under the bulbs you'll notice a copper colored contact. pull/bend that up more than it is so the bulb pushes up against it better

the bulbs just shake around and once a missing contact is sensed the bulb out warning will go on, even if the bulbs are good.

hope that helps

Jims202
10-02-2012, 02:16 PM
take all the bulbs in the taillights out...

under the bulbs you'll notice a copper colored contact. pull/bend that up more than it is so the bulb pushes up against it better

the bulbs just shake around and once a missing contact is sensed the bulb out warning will go on, even if the bulbs are good.

hope that helps
Thanks,I will give that a try first.

Joemartinez
12-29-2012, 01:20 AM
For some reason,last night on my way home the led lighting (http://www.niceledlights.com) on my dash that has the bulb with the exclamation point came on and I checked all of my lights and they are all working,could there be another reason it is on?:confused:

Have you checked the fuses? This could be the reason

98Benzo
12-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Mine has been on ever since I switched to HIDs.

wichipong
12-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Mine has been on ever since I switched to HIDs.

you probably put 35w HIDs... you need the error canceller thinkgy to fix this...