PDA

View Full Version : Where to find fender molding?

Vetruck
10-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Can anyone direct me to where I can find new body molding urethane/rubber strips that press on the body under the fender between the rocker and the fender on both front and rear of the rockers? I think its called 'under fender molding strips' but not certain.

I popped off one of mine to see how these Brabus side skirts would line up and the passenger front piece just behind the front wheel broke two of the pin tabs off. I used a urethane glue to temporary hold it back in place yesterday and its working fine, but I would like to know if I do this again to fit the Brabus rockers after paint then where can I buy new ones (4 pcs total- 2 left and 2 right on each rocker sideskirt panel)

Thank you, Dean

Vetruck
10-05-2012, 08:36 AM
These

SD202
10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I have extra ones from a prefacelift.( the ones circled in the picture) But im sure your after the facelift style strips to mount the side skirts. The prefacelift ones are to be removed when putting side skirts on a 202 with just rocker panels.. The moldings can be sourced through the dealer. I warn you though they are expensive. But make a world of diff in how the over all look and flow of the lines is. I actually do not have the two that go at the rear doors for the face lift. Only the front ones. They pop into place I tried to rig up the pre facelift moldings but they are just to wide / thick. And im not down to pay the $125 or whatever the quote i got for two of them was.

Vetruck
10-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Yes it did look bulky like it would not want to fit back on with the skirt sitting in place- In light of breaking 2 of the 3 tabs off already on the passenger front, I did not want to force it back on enoiugh to have to pry it back off again to get the skirt off.

i posted in the other post that I do not think I am going to use the skirts. Other than being smooth, they have the same exact look as the stock rockers. Ill just have my paint guy sand and paint my factory rockers white because the Brabus skirts actually kind of make the bottom door weather strips mash more when closing the doors- they give an unwanted resistance to closing the doors- so why bother using them if they look 90% the same?

To be honest with you, Ill probably just get some rattle can duplicolor in Polar white and spray those myself with a little bodywork to smooth and de-undercoat them. Then Ill just buy new moldings as needed, or I can just try and reglue these again like I just did the one yesterday- it worked fine

Rockers are abu the easiest thing to spray on a car. They are low and are rounded in light refraction so it hides imperfections well and hides color match also- done this a few times on a few cars in life already