PDA

View Full Version : Newbie 1996 C36 AMG Owner and in need of Suspension Advice :)

604c36
10-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm a proud new owner of an unmolested 1996 c36 AMG. It only has 67,000 miles and bone stock. I was able to purchase it from the original owner for $6,000. I plan to just slightly lower it and put on the 18" E55 w210 AMG wheels on it. That's it.

I'm just needing clear advice on specific part numbers that will fit my 1996 C36. I've read different forums but its all quite confusing to me.

I want to use H&R Sport Springs and I understand that H&R does not have my car specifically listed in their catalog. So I called H&R and the rep told me that sport springs part number #29927-2 listed for 1994-95 c36 should fit. As my car was manufactured in November of 1995. Can anyone confirm this?

I also understand that Bilstein shocks also don't have my car listed in their catalog...any idea as to what part # number shocks will fit? I'm hearing H&R Sport Springs & Bilstein Shocks is a good set up.

If anyone can also give me an idea on what # pads to get with this spring/shock/wheels in mind that would be great.

Thanks in advance!