PDA

View Full Version : Walbro in-line fuel pump

8gti9
11-24-2012, 07:05 AM
I tried searching...nothing came up on W202 C280. Has anybody replaced their in-line fuel pump from OEM to a Walbro in-line? I think mine is starting to go out, I have to step on or sometimes pump the gas pedal when starting the vehicle which I think the pressure is starting to weaken.

Also, I noticed that the OEM fuel pump is a 3 wire and an aftermarket Walbro is only a 2 wire. I think the 3rd wire is a extra ground. If anybody wants to shed some light into this pls. post up.

thnx.

W202FTW
11-25-2012, 08:51 AM
I tried searching...nothing came up on W202 C280. Has anybody replaced their in-line fuel pump from OEM to a Walbro in-line? I think mine is starting to go out, I have to step on or sometimes pump the gas pedal when starting the vehicle which I think the pressure is starting to weaken.

Also, I noticed that the OEM fuel pump is a 3 wire and an aftermarket Walbro is only a 2 wire. I think the 3rd wire is a extra ground. If anybody wants to shed some light into this pls. post up.

thnx.

I suggest replacing the fuel pressure regulator before attempting to do a fuel pump. Also, check for flooded cylinders.

8gti9
11-25-2012, 03:34 PM
I suggest replacing the fuel pressure regulator before attempting to do a fuel pump. Also, check for flooded cylinders.

thnx, I will try that.