PDA

View Full Version : brakes question

koreo
11-25-2012, 08:29 AM
My rents are letting me use the 98 c230 for the winter while I put my car down to be built.

The brakes apparently need to replaced on the Mercedes. I am auto savvy as I have a Turbo rsx and have done the brakes on that before.

So on the merc how hard is it? Is there a DIY thread somewhere?

I'm just going to get duralast brakes from vatozone. Probably just going to have the rotors resurfaced.

I also notice that it has a brake sensor. Will that need to be replaced too? All four? Just Just at the fronts?

Thanks

W202FTW
11-25-2012, 08:41 AM
My rents are letting me use the 98 c230 for the winter while I put my car down to be built.

The brakes apparently need to replaced on the Mercedes. I am auto savvy as I have a Turbo rsx and have done the brakes on that before.

So on the merc how hard is it? Is there a DIY thread somewhere?

I'm just going to get duralast brakes from vatozone. Probably just going to have the rotors resurfaced.

I also notice that it has a brake sensor. Will that need to be replaced too? All four? Just Just at the fronts?

Thanks

Nothing special on doing brakes on a W202, and the sensors are reusable.

owen23
12-11-2012, 07:29 PM
You should inspect way around the surface of the brakes and its sides for any concentric scoring and defects. When defects are found, replace your rotors. Because any rotor discoloration is due to overheating and it should be carefully inspected.