PDA

View Full Version : I hate my life....(possible need to tuck fender lip)

vixen_w202
11-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Just went over a pothole on the 405 in Los Angeles while I was headed down to a friend's house, and I hear this horrid SCRRREATTCHHH in the passenger side wheelwell. I didn't think too much of it...until I parked in Culver City to see if there was damage...

I'm on the road, so I can't post pics....but there is some minor to moderate damage to my brand new front right wheel. It has minor rub rash going around the very top of the rim in a half circle. This really pisses me off!

The wheels are 18X8's on 215/40/18 hankook tires, and I can feel some sort of inner lip on the front. Do I need to tuck the lip on the inside to fix/prevent this issue?

Thanks

EDIT: Found the culprit. Apparently there was some minor damage to the passenger side fender from when I bought the car I didn't see, and part of the fender from the damage angles inward.

Will post pics by the end of the day when I get home.

JRE320
11-28-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't think you need to tuck in that lip. Coz I got 225/40/18 in my previouse car and it's lowered too.

Christopher
11-28-2012, 06:15 PM
we are waiting for the pix

vixen_w202
11-28-2012, 11:00 PM
we are waiting for the pix

Ask, and you shall receive!

Shot 1:

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo48/slyvia_altima/IMG_0046.jpg

Shot 2:

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo48/slyvia_altima/IMG_0044.jpg

Does that help?

P.S. WHEEL DAMAGE SOLVED!

Got some gloss black auto paint in an applicator/brush form....sanded down the scuffed up the damaged lip parts to make it halfway smooth, and I spent a full hour hand filling in all the areas where the wheel lip had just been shredded into. It's not show quality but from faraway up to about 3 feet it's not even noticeable now. But unless I fix my fender or where it's hitting, this problem is just going to happen again :(

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo48/slyvia_altima/IMG_0048.jpg

SD202
12-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Tuck those lips!!!!!

vixen_w202
12-02-2012, 06:42 PM
If I met you to install the seat when it comes do you know how to do that? Maybe if you do we could do it together...

Christopher
12-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I don't know if your talking to me but I'm down to help, I didn't know what I was doing when I took the front end sort on my c36 to replace the fan clutch bearing bracket but tell me you want it done and I could take apart install it and put everything back together in less than 2 hours. I'm sure we could figure it out. Specially since I have a c36 here as a guide

vixen_w202
12-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I was talking to SD, but since you're in Downey you'd be a Lot closer. I just bought a black heated c36 AMG driver's seat off eBay as a more aggressive sport seat for my car but OEM fitament. I need to pull out the stock seat and swap in the new one. I also need to do some either things that are little but I'd need advice/help doing them.

But I'm not bias. I'd be down for either one of you to wrench with. I just need either or both of you to PM me with your cell so I can introduce myself and we can arrange a day or weekend to meet.

Christopher
12-02-2012, 07:02 PM
i say you pick me up and we go to SD and visit SD202 and we could all work on it, and then go look for the champagne color c43 lowered on chrome monoblocks in carlbad; eddie is the owner of it i think anyone know if he is a member?

Christopher
12-02-2012, 07:11 PM
heres the brabus IV if your interested on the rims http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Chrisromero/c36/IMAG0637.jpg

Christopher
12-02-2012, 07:13 PM
this is what im thinking of doing with my mono's
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Chrisromero/c36/IMG_0428.jpg

vixen_w202
12-02-2012, 07:45 PM
That sounds like a great idea. Once I get my seat I'll call both of you and we'll set something up.

P.S. the other things I'd be willing to do together (if willing and if the tools are avaliable) are tuck my fender lips and I'm casually interested in cutting my springs just enough to remove the fender gap. I'm saving for a full suspension upgrade, but since it seems futile to run new lowering springs on stock everything else, I'd be happy to cut the stock springs to get the same effect.

SD202
12-03-2012, 08:05 AM
i say you pick me up and we go to SD and visit SD202 and we could all work on it, and then go look for the champagne color c43 lowered on chrome monoblocks in carlbad; eddie is the owner of it i think anyone know if he is a member?

That sounds like a great idea. Once I get my seat I'll call both of you and we'll set something up.

P.S. the other things I'd be willing to do together (if willing and if the tools are avaliable) are tuck my fender lips and I'm casually interested in cutting my springs just enough to remove the fender gap. I'm saving for a full suspension upgrade, but since it seems futile to run new lowering springs on stock everything else, I'd be happy to cut the stock springs to get the same effect.

let me know when you guys want to make a trip down to SD I have to arrange to get a the appropriate spring compressor from a buddy of mine who lives down the road so plan in advanced and let me know ahead of time if you want to do any sort of suspension work as you will need the klann compressor for the front springs. I got a simple way to do the rears. Also would be best if it was on a day where my buddy who owns the spring compressor was also free to help. He used to be a W210 owner and those cars are very simliar to ours so he knows benz's fairly well. I do not have any experience with removing seats however I have stripped out the entire interior before minus the front seats. Rear seats pop right out practically. Fronts should be fairly easy as long as you have the all power seats and are not trying to upgrade from a manual seat to a power seat. Both of you guys PM me if you're serious about having a mini so cal 202 meet up. I have yet to meet any other 202er's, besides ED with the silver c43 on chrome 18 in e55 monos( Yes he is from carlsbad) . and That car was actually lowered by me at my buddies house who has the Klann brand Mercedes specific spring compressor that I mentioned above. He also has a super clean W108 280 on accuair E level that is about to be featured on Stanceworks.

Christopher
12-03-2012, 03:59 PM
let me know when you guys want to make a trip down to SD I have to arrange to get a the appropriate spring compressor from a buddy of mine who lives down the road so plan in advanced and let me know ahead of time if you want to do any sort of suspension work as you will need the klann compressor for the front springs. I got a simple way to do the rears. Also would be best if it was on a day where my buddy who owns the spring compressor was also free to help. He used to be a W210 owner and those cars are very simliar to ours so he knows benz's fairly well. I do not have any experience with removing seats however I have stripped out the entire interior before minus the front seats. Rear seats pop right out practically. Fronts should be fairly easy as long as you have the all power seats and are not trying to upgrade from a manual seat to a power seat. Both of you guys PM me if you're serious about having a mini so cal 202 meet up. I have yet to meet any other 202er's, besides ED with the silver c43 on chrome 18 in e55 monos( Yes he is from carlsbad) . and That car was actually lowered by me at my buddies house who has the Klann brand Mercedes specific spring compressor that I mentioned above. He also has a super clean W108 280 on accuair E level that is about to be featured on Stanceworks.

well that gave me chills ive been driving back and fourth these last couple months up and down PCH and thats where i saw eddie's ride, everytime i go im looking for the car