PDA

View Full Version : TBONED

chimchongdlight
12-05-2012, 01:21 PM
check out what happened to me yesterday
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/chimchongdlight/securedownload-6.jpg
doesnt look as bad as it looked. Red light runner. Question is, Im not sure if I ran the red or she ran the red. Anywho, hopefully no frame is damaged. My brother and I took a good look and all the hindges and everything look good still. Rear door opens up nice too. This weekend I will be locating a door to replace it and hopefully itll work without any issue, my fender is a little bent but i can live with that until i located one. In my area i can only find a white one though. So if anyone has any leads i'll appreciate it

anf6789
12-05-2012, 01:32 PM
luckily you were all right!

now for some lame jokes to brighten your mood

That'll buff right out....

and

Shoulda seen the other car....

chimchongdlight
12-05-2012, 01:36 PM
hahaha..the other car man only got like headlight damage but that bitch wanted to be taken out in a stretcher..whatever u know..we were only going about 20-30 mph tops. im just hoping it'll "buff right out" thanks man im ok, just a little sore but nothing serious, cmon i drive a benz. these things are fuckin strong as fuck

jc1kz
12-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Oh hell, well there goes your MPG with that wind drag from the door .....LOL
I heard an orbitor buffer is the best to use, it'll bring that dent right out... LOL

Glad you're alright...and by the way DO NOT ADMIT TO RUNNING A RED.....by the way I think smiley80118 on MBWorld has a green and a gold door...

chimchongdlight
12-05-2012, 02:13 PM
yea i never admitted it. just not sure and i only said that to you guys haha...yea i know he has a green and gold, ive bought stuff from him before and very good priced, but if its gonna be an off color, theres a white one in my area and a silver one that another member has offered and hes only 2 hours away. the white one has the write panel color though and is $150 bucks

chimchongdlight
12-05-2012, 03:42 PM
It shouldn't matter what year the door comes off of right?

jc1kz
12-05-2012, 05:40 PM
the actual doors from 94-00 should be the same, only difference is the inside door panels I think 96 or 97 thur 00 they had door side airbags and bolted on slightly different, oh and the locks some had the IR instead of key but you should be able to use your door handles and mirror and even the inside panel, I know it is a little bent but until you get the right one.....

thegame
12-05-2012, 06:45 PM
hey i know you are looking for black a black door but here are two w280 that I found http://mbworld.org/forums/parting-out/472875-mercedes-benzs-parting-out.html

mbsickness
12-05-2012, 07:12 PM
This weekend I will be locating a door to replace it and hopefully itll work without any issue, my fender is a little bent but i can live with that until i located one.

Why even mess with it. Let the insurance companies handle it. I wouldn't touch it until they at least see it.

wichipong
12-05-2012, 10:57 PM
look in rancho cordova were all the parts are...

chimchongdlight
12-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Because i only have liability on it

Why even mess with it. Let the insurance companies handle it. I wouldn't touch it until they at least see it.

chimchongdlight
12-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Yup might have to soend a day out there on recycle road

look in rancho cordova were all the parts are...

chimchongdlight
12-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Thats what jc1kz said. Good looks

hey i know you are looking for black a black door but here are two w280 that I found http://mbworld.org/forums/parting-out/472875-mercedes-benzs-parting-out.html

mbsickness
12-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Because i only have liability on it

Any chance the other driver was at fault? Or are they uninsured? If so that sucks, sorry.

SD202
12-06-2012, 10:23 AM
check out what happened to me yesterday
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/chimchongdlight/securedownload-6.jpg
doesnt look as bad as it looked. Red light runner. Question is, Im not sure if I ran the red or she ran the red. Anywho, hopefully no frame is damaged. My brother and I took a good look and all the hindges and everything look good still. Rear door opens up nice too. This weekend I will be locating a door to replace it and hopefully itll work without any issue, my fender is a little bent but i can live with that until i located one. In my area i can only find a white one though. So if anyone has any leads i'll appreciate it

the junkyard that i was just at last weekend has a black W202 with all but the rear driver side pass door. And all the chrome trims, Because i took them.
But uh if i were you and I got hit I would totally wait till the other parties insurance either covered it or denied it before I even thought about wrenching on a body damaged car especially in this state where you are required by law to have insurance. hopefully its not your fault and hopefully she doesnt carry min coverage.

hvmercy
12-06-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm glad you're ok after this accident.

Hope everything goes well for you. If you're thinking of replacing the car, there's a nice C43 for sale locally. :)

SD202
12-06-2012, 10:41 AM
c43's and W210 E55's can be found at a very affordable price nowadays

chimchongdlight
12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
im gonna pick up a white door tomorrow..fuck it..125 aint bad for a complete door anyway. see if it fits. Claim adjuster hasn't called me back because shes outta the office. I need a solution asap. some other guy was asking 300 for a black door. Im not even worried about the white door on black car, if this door fits, im golden, gotta find a fender and c36 sides and im off the the paint booth anyway

mbsickness
12-07-2012, 09:48 PM
This is one of those times where it is best to be patient (unless you really feel you will be deemed at fault) For a door to get twisted that badly the force exerted on the supporting bodywork is huge. Something has got to be bent aside from the door. Also if the other party's insurance pays for the damage...that just adds more money to your budget for painting and such.

chimchongdlight
12-28-2012, 09:55 AM
today will be the last day i drive around like this, picked up a door and fender for $90 bucks for both. havent had time to install them until tomorrow when i got the day off. The door and fender isn't perfect black like my car and even has chrome moldings and the window in it is either faded or a brown tint to the actual glass. I guess I'll still be getting a new paint job soon and maybe new moldings. also the panel i got is tan, Ill be trying to locate a grey one soon
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/chimchongdlight/photo2-5_zpsc68c2bd6.jpg

chimchongdlight
12-28-2012, 09:56 AM
and yes i know my car needs to be lowered, i already have the h and r springs and bilstein shocks, just awaiting to be put on. still have to piece together the rear camber arms before i put on the suspension