PDA

View Full Version : How to do rolled fender??

SW1TCHED
10-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Im going to install in my c230k a 18x9 rear and 18x8 front Monoblock II AMG wheels. But I know I have to rolled the fender lip. Can you tell me how can I do this process, please tell me how you do it on your cars??

Tanx in advance

alhacker
10-27-2003, 09:20 PM
there is a device for rolling the fenders professionaly, and there is the baseball bat... but its best to take it to a bodyshop they are more qualified, cause if u chip ur paint u need to paint the fender again or it will rust ....

J Irwan
10-27-2003, 09:28 PM
This is how it works.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDLAn0WdVSLMKDngOubn29OKk!OUPwWGY5xNlqNsWMtDlZIR 56j8Uf8*uXk3N6LVaVTR3ZgZ!eLSWn4K*hyVjlZIAcXCjYzEWT dmNomO!IUdbJ*N3okhA/fender_roller2.jpg

The key is patience so that you wont crack the paint.
You would also need to use a heat gun to warmed up the paint of the area you want to roll-in to prevent paint-cracking.

As you can see the arm can be adjusted toward the outside of the car.
You would need to do this in stages.
Basically set the arm so that the rubber rolled against the fender lips.
After that tighten it (by adjusting the arm so that the rubber roller will move away from the car, pressing the lips to the fender.
Then gently rolled it all the way.
Once you do this, then you will need to do the same step again, by adjusting the arm outward a bit more.

You will continue repeating this procedure until you get the desired result.

NOTE: Also remember to heat the area between rolling..

Hope this helps.

Once you get the hang of it, it is very easy to do.
It is easier to rolled the lip on MB as opposed to BMW as BMW has thicker fender lip.

Also on another note to completely rolled your front, you may need to dismount your front caliper. (since there are a lot of different model of the roller, some may clear and some are not going to clear your front caliper. That's why u might need to dismount it so it won't get in the way).

Regardz,

FreeStyler
10-28-2003, 07:39 AM
That picture looks scary. LOL

jnolte
10-28-2003, 03:09 PM
me and my buddys have doen it succesuflly with a rubber mallet and a bat with a audi 1.8t and aBMW 318i. I never had to do it to my AMG cuz they are already rolled. ITs prettyyyy easy tho

MBenzNL
10-29-2003, 02:23 AM
I don't know what it is with all those rolling fender people...but I went a different way to prevent me from having to force painted metal into a different shape...

I added spacers between chassis and fender...1 in between blinker and wheel arche and one between wheel arche and door (both bottomside of the fender offcourse).

A lot easier and no paintcracks at all.

greetingz,