PDA

View Full Version : Clank in suspension when going in reverse?

Goldeni245
01-10-2013, 10:41 PM
There is a clanking noise heard when I back out of a parking spot or just reversing in general, usually every time i step on the brake. It sounds like it's either coming from the front passenger side or somewhere in the rear...

I pretty much replaced everything in my front suspension (lower balljoints, all bushings, shocks, tie rods/drag link/steering shock) so I'm a bit confused where this clank could be coming from. I haven't changed anything in the rear besides the shocks...could this be coming from one of the numerous control arms in the rear? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

kowalski
01-10-2013, 11:57 PM
could be your transmission mount, when you put it in R your transmount gets some brute force
sometimes when I press my accelerator a bit hard from stand still I get a tiny noise of clunk, there's nothing loose on my car, it's the suspension getting a kick in the nut.
nothing serious about it.
try with a new transmount, that's what I will do.

my car is a low mileage, I have no wear n tear on my suspension yet, it's timerelated when rubber bushings dry out and fail if a car is low mileage

Goldeni245
01-11-2013, 06:19 AM
ahh interesting, my mechanic said my transmission mount was shot and needed to replaced badly. That might be it. I already have the replacement but have been too busy to put it in. Think i'll get under the car this weekend and replace it. I'll check back with what I find out.