PDA

View Full Version : P1236: Mag Clutch

Delboy
01-25-2013, 01:50 PM
HI,

I have a 99 C230K.

I"m getting the P1236 error code, but I know my supercharger is working. A week ago, the car was sluggish and eratic at a cold start. I had the engine decarboned (MotorVac), and it came back to life. The car runs superbly, with loads of power. However, I'm getting the P1236 code now, and every time I clear it, it comes back on the second engine start. The code is pending straight after clearing it and restarting the engine.

Any ideas?

thanks

Delboy
01-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Checked my codes again today. Turns out I have a P0410 also pending now. I did inspect the car over the weekend, and noticed that the air check valve looked like it might be clogged, it had some gunk in the top and looked rusty. Also, the inlet to the the shut off valve on that side had some gunk and rust in it too, and the pipe between the two had some strange yellow residue in it when I flushed it out. Should I replace both? Can I use the older air check valve since it costs $15 vs $90? (Part 0001407860 vs Part 0021406860) Do you think this has anything to do with my P1236 code?

thanks

Delboy
02-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Still no joy, I bought a replacement K40 relay, and the issue persists. Only $16 on ebay.
Couple of things I know.
The ECU is telling the clutch to come on at idle, seeing 14v on the power to the SC Clutch. The clutch is fine, because it does not engage when unplugged, but does come on when plugged back in.
Guess I'm going to have to order an air check valve.